Chapter 40

Hope's head was spinning and as she opened her eyes and the brightness hit her, she felt like she was going to throw up. Whatever Lucien drugged her with, was much worse than when she had a hangover. He drugged her, and took her... he won. Hope sat up, but had to close her eyes and take several deep breaths. Thank god she didn't eat anything for dinner, otherwise she was sure it would end up right back in front of her. Hope slowly opened her eyes, and she found herself on a huge king sized bed in a bright room with huge windows. The colors were light beige and whites and well coordinated, it looked like a luxurious hotel room, Hope only saw in a couple of magazines. She gathered her strength and got off the bed, walking slowly to one of the windows. When she looked outside, and saw how high up her room was, she couldn't hold it anymore, she knew she was going to throw up. She saw two doors in the room. She ran to the smaller door, and luckily it was a bathroom and she reached the toilet in time. There wasn't much she could throw up, she had no idea when was the last time she ate. She had no idea how long ago it was, when Lucien and his witch attacked them in the woods, killed Landon and took Hope... He killed Landon... Hope's tears came quickly. She knew Landon should be okay, he was a phoenix, but seeing him like that, dead on the ground was terrifying. She couldn't lose any more people she loved. Landon had to be okay, he had to be alive, Hope couldn't accept it any other way. When she felt a bit better, she headed back to the room and looked out of the window again. She had to be on the top floor of a very high building. As she looked outside, she was surrounded with similar enormous buildings like the one she must be in. She knew where she was, she saw pictures of this city, it couldn't be anything else than New York City.

Hope rushed to the big double door, tried to open it, but it was closed. She quickly took off her bracelet, used the spell she knew for opening closed doors, but when she used the magic, it was reflected back on her and knocked Hope to the floor. She tried one more time with the same result, and came to the conclusion that it wasn't her messing up the spell. She was locked in by a spell. There was no way out, Lucien made sure of that. Hope tucked the bracelet in her pocket. She didn't put it back on her wrist, in case someone wanted to find her, she didn't want the cloaking spell on it to prevent them from that... Although somehow she thought that the witch made sure Hope was cloaked from every locator spell witches could use to find her.

She had to get out, she had to go back to Jack, Riley and Grace, they needed Hope, she won't let them lose any more family. And she needed to get back to Landon, to see if he was truly alive. The image of him laying on the hard ground lifeless haunted her. Hope sat down on a sofa, trying to collect her thoughts. She still felt a pounding headache but luckily her nausea had settled. She had to attack. She was still a wolf and he was a vampire. She just had to do the same thing she did to Tristan. So Hope was waiting, and as soon as the lock in the double door turned, she rushed to the door ready to attack. She launched at Lucien as soon as he stepped inside the room, but he apprehended her in a matter of seconds. She didn't understand. She was weak and she couldn't turn. She tried to force herself to break her bones, but she felt like her wolf was unreachable, buried somewhere deep down. Lucien twisted Hope's arms to her back and tossed her on the floor.

"Is this how you are supposed to greet your host?" Lucien asked but Hope was still baffled at her lack of strength. "Oh Honey... you don't understand what's going on?" The drug I gave you will keep your wolf at bay. Don't worry it will wear off soon... You know, figuring out the super serum wasn't easy, I had to experiment on hundreds of wolves too, and this drug I gave you kept them out of trouble until they helped my research with their lives." Hope shivered at the thought, but she stood up. She won't back down, not even if she was powerless. Lucien stepped closer to her, and cupped her face, which Hope shoved away quickly with a hit. He laughed. "But now, I have you. You have no idea how important you are to me."