Chapter 27

Hope woke up the next morning next to Landon, who was still sleeping soundly in her bed. She stared at his beautiful features in wonder. She didn't want to wake him, but the temptation was so strong for even a light touch of his skin. She just wanted to feel him, to trace her fingers across his cheekbones or his lips. But she didn't, she just stared at him as he was sleeping peacefully, breathing steadily next to her. After a while Landon's eyes fluttered open and Hope couldn't wait any longer. She caressed his face, then she pressed her lips on his.

"Morning" Hope whispered with a smile as she broke away, but stayed really close to Landon.

"Good morning." He replied.

"You stayed all night." Hope said as her palm stayed on his warm cheek.

"I was unable to get out of your grip." He chuckled and Hope gave him an annoyed look. "But it was the most perfect way to fall asleep with you in my arms. I wish to do this every night... and wake up to your sweet kiss." Landon placed his hand on Hope's hand on his face, moved it to his lips and kissed her palm.

"Landon Kirby... what did I ever do to deserve you?" Hope traced her thumb lightly across his full lips as he kissed her finger.

"You deserve the world, Hope." Landon said and Hope pulled him even closer to capture his lips to a sweet kiss. Their kiss grew with passion and Hope found herself pulling Landon on top of her as she laid on her back. Their tongues danced fiercely as Landon's hand found its way under Hope's shirt. She gasped in his mouth at his touch, as his hands were tracing her bare skin on her waist then on her back. Landon broke away from her lips, just to kiss and nip at the fine skin of her jaw then on her neck. He found a spot on her neck where Hope gave the most responsive sounds and he started to suck on it. She moaned rather loud and pulled her legs up in instinct, to give him better access to her body. And that's when the bedroom door opened, and Landon quickly broke away and got off of her to the sound. Hope sat up on her bed with flushed cheeks, bruised lips and a huge red spot on her neck which was healing fast, and she tried to act as if nothing happened when she saw the two little intruders staring at them with wide eyes and open mouths.

"No one came to breakfast. Not you, not Grace." Riley said in an offended tone.

"I'm sorry sweety. I didn't realize it was time... I didn't mean to miss breakfast." Hope replied with guilt and a sad smile.

"Were you kissing again?" Jack said in an annoyed tone as he put his little hands on his lips.

"They were having sex." Riley responded.

"No! No, we didn't! Riley, we didn't do that!" Hope said firmly and had no idea her little sister even knew the word. Riley just shrugged.

"Just don't miss breakfast again." The little girl said with anger in her voice. "See you at lunch?" Riley asked and Hope wanted to say sure, but she had some plans for the day and wasn't so sure she would make it back by lunch.

"Look. I need to go see Grace... if she is okay. I might not be back by lunch, but I'll be here for dinner, I promise!" Hope said in a reassuring tone.

"Can we go with you to see Grace?" Jack asked his eldest sister.

"Maybe next time." Hope said and saw the sad eyes of her siblings. "I will get you a surprise from town if you will be good today. okay?" She tried to lighten the mood and luckily it worked with the little boy as he was smiling.

"Okay, I will be good." Jack said happily.

"Fine, but be here at dinner." Riley said angrily as she grabbed Jack's hand and pulled him out of Hope's room, slamming the door. Hope felt awfully guilty.