V:2 C:10 Search

Depuis le début

"Well you leaving the White Fang. It's a start." I told Blake in my neutral tone.

"I'm sure you'd figure it out. You're not one to back down from a challenge, Blake." Yang said to teammate.

"But I am! I do it all the time! When you learned I was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran! When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my Semblance! I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself; an empty copy that takes the hit while I run away!"

"At least you two have something that drives you," Yang said to everyone. "I've just kinda of always, gone with the flow, y'know? And that's fine, I mean, that's who I am. But how long can I really do that for? I wanna be a Huntress, not really because I want to be a hero, but because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow will bring. And that'll be a good thing. Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that. I'm not like Ruby, she's always wanted to be a Huntress. It's like she said, ever since she was a kid, she'd dreamt about being the heroes in the books. Helping people and saving the day, and never asking for anything else in return. Even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today."

"Well, she's still just a kid," Weiss said.

"I'm pretty sure a kid wouldn't have the skills to use a scythe that efficiently." I told her

"And she's only two years younger. We're all kids," Blake said the last part to us all.

"Well, not anymore. I mean, look where we are! In the middle of a warzone and armed to the teeth!" Yang said defending. 

"It's the life we chose," Yeah Blake I chose to be a lab rat.

"It's a job," Weiss said to Blake. "We all had this romanticized vision of being a Huntress in our heads! But at the end of the day, it's a job to protect the people! And whatever we want, will have to come second."

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that dog barking, and I swear if he doesn't shut up. I look up seeing everyone getting up.

"Zwei?" I heard Yang, and it wasn't in her carefree tone.

"What's going on?" Blake said.

"Grab your weapons!" I heard Oobleck say. "Your leader may be in trouble."

I turned to see where Ruby should be, it was empty.

"Good dog I guess." I said out loud.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zwei let us to a hole. We never saw it until now.

"Ruby's scythe!" Yang said as she reach over to pick it up.

"Oh no," Blake said. Ruby why didn't you wake an of us up?

"Do you think she fell?" Weiss said looking down the hole. "Down there I mean."

Oobleck took one look at it. "Oh my. Of course! Of course, OF COURSE, OF COURSE!"

"Uh... sir?" I asked him.

"How could I be so stupid?!"

"Dr. Oobleck, what's wrong?" Yang asked him.

"Mountain Glenn! Yes, an expansion of Vale that was inevitably destroyed by creatures of Grimm! Previously home to thousands of people! Working people commuting to the city, the main city! Developed a subway system to the inner city! Grimm attacks increased! Population in danger, now desperately searching for shelter! City evacuates into the metro tunnels and what do they find? The southeast quadrant of Vale is known for wild forests and deep caves!" He says quickly.

"Sir?" I asked him.

"Doc, what are you saying?" Yang asked him also.

"We're not just looking for an underground crime network, we're looking for an UNDERGROUND crime network!"

"They've been working in caves?" Blake asked him.

"No, no, Mountain Glenn was Vale's first serious attempt at expansion. It worked for a short period of time, thanks to an aggressive perimeter defense, and unique transportation; the city developed an elaborate subway system to carry citizens safely from the new territory into the main Kingdom! Sadly, without the many natural barriers Vale had to protect its borders, Mountain Glenn was doomed from the start! As the end drew near, the citizens of the territory made one last attempt at survival: They took up shelter beneath the city! In massive caves that they had cleared out for the subway. And they had cut themselves off from the surface!"

"An underground village?" Yang asked in a confused tone.

"In a matter of speaking, yes. A safe haven. Until... an explosion opened the mouth of another cavern, filled with subterranean Grimm. After that, the Kingdom officially sealed off the tunnels, creating the world's largest tomb," I shaken a bit after that. I saw him reaching for his coffee thing. "If Ruby is down there," He press a button to make it deploy his weapon. "We must find her..."

(Alright that took WAY too long. Hope you enjoy it. Also I may not say this a lot, but PLEASE give me criticism, I know I don't say it a lot, but some would be nice.)