chapter 9 part two

prevously

"I know you would like to sit by Alexiah but we do have a seeting chart. It will change next week though so you guys could have the chance of sitting next to each other then. For now though you actually sit two rows behind Alexiah. Now if you could please take your seats," the bell rang and she smiled. "The bell is about to ring." She said with a smile. I sighed but didn't argue.

Chapter nine continued...

Alexiahs' POV

I sat down next to Brittany and sighed as I pulled out my sheet I had my parents signed the night before. Mrs. Grace started talking about the book we were going to read. I had read it two summers ago for entertainment, so I started drawing on my note pad in front of me. Mrs. Grace started handing out the books and skipped over myself and Dylan.

"Dylan, Alexiah may I see both of you in the hall?" Some of the kids laughed lightly and from the look I got from Brittany they must of thought we were in trouble. We walked out in the hall. Mrs. Grace had to grab some books before she came out which left Dylan and myself alone.

"Why were people laughing about us going into the hall?" I asked quietly.

"If the teacher is mad at a student they usually send them into the hall."

" fortunately for you two your not in trouble. I just need to get you two up to speed on what you will be reading. Both of you will spend most of your time in the hall or an empty room. I kind of like to keep my students that are reading the same books together.

"Okay you two will be reading a Jewls Vern classic. Lucky for you I will give you the benifit of the doubt and let you pick which book you want to read. I will call you back in in five minutes so you two can have some time to think about what book you want to read. Have fun you two." She smiled and headed back into class. I turned to Dylan and smiled.

"Have your read any Jewls Vern?"

"No. Any sugestions?"

"I haven't fully read The Misterious Island. Maybe we could read that one." He smiled differently then yesterday. Less forced and more... I don't know. Just more.

"Then lets read that one."

"That was an easy pick." we laughed and sat down on the ground.

"So the other day when Brittany followed you into the bathroom, what happened?" I looked at him.

"What do you mean?" He faced me with a sly grin

"Well yesterday she just seemed to try to hide her hatered for you, now she seemed as if she was all too eager to get you in trouble. So what happened yesterday?" I looked down at my hands and picked at my nails.

"She wouldn't let me leave the bathroom so, so I twister her arm and pinned it behind her back and pushed her against a wall."

"Seriously?" I shook my head yes and didn't look up. Suddently I heard a loud clap and he started laughing. I looked at him and he had leaned over his legs soo far he could touch his feet with his hair.

"Whats so funny?" He stopped laughing.

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes. You seems so kind and...and I could never see you doing that to anyone. Where did you learn how to do that?" I smiled.

"My dad put me in self defence classes when I was little and I've been taking them ever sense." The class room door opened abruptly.

"You two done deciding what book you want to read?" I got up with ease and watched as Dylan uncrossed his legs and rocketed off of the floor.

"Yeah Mrs. Grace. The Misterious Island." she smiled at us.