chapter nine

Hey everyone thanks for reading. Keep reading and don't judge. P.s you guys will learn more about Mr. Hugo.

Chapter Nine

Alexiahs' POV

I opened my eyes and groaned. It was 5:32. I wanted to sleep in but my mom was standing at the entrence of my room. She was speeking to me. I sighed.

"...and don't worry. I will be out of work by 4:00 so you'll have to take the bus again. Now get up and eat breakfast." I got up and tried to rub the sleep out of my eyes. Second day of school and I'm already out of energy. I stumble out of my room and into the kitchen. I go strate to the fridge and grab the milk. I then grab a spoon and bowl. Theres something missing, but I can't think of what.

"Honey, do you want fruit loops or frosted flakes?" Oh yeah cereal-the main dish.

"Frosted flakes and some rasins. I think I'm going to boil some water." My mother smiled.

"I already made some tea for you." what would I do without my mother?

-.-.-.-.-.-

7:01

I looked at the school grounds empty and finally quiet. My mom had to go into work early so she dropped me off early. I was sitting in the cafiteria waiting. For what, I wasn't entirely sure. I sat there with my art pad open and thinking. I was looking at the picture of Dylan. I needed to figure out his face. I could draw his eyes-infact I drew them next to the picture of him. The blue flowed through them like rivers. His eyes seemed to be a grey bowl of color that was splattered with blues of every shade.

"What'cha doing?" I jumped at the sound of his voice and placed my hand on my heart. I turned around and faced Dylan. His face was inches from mine, I could see him perfectly.

I quickly scrambled for my pad and pencil and turned to a new page. With quick easy movements I had his shape down.

"Just remembering." I bit my lip and didn't dare look up. I heard a chair slide across the floor and stop in front of me.

"What are you trying to remember?" I took a deep breath and I could smell him. His fresh sent and woody smell consumed my lungs and danced around. I looked up and he was smiling.

"I try to draw the days and then remember everything that was important in the days." I flipped through the pages and stopped on a picture of a little girl sitting on the side walk holding her knee. I turned the book around so he could see it.

"Like that day my cousin Rachel fell off her bike and skinner her knee. She was crying for a long time." He gently grabbed the book and looked through the pages and smiled at some of them and others he laughed. I was about to take it away when he opened to the page for yesterdays. He looked at it intently and brought his face closer to the book as if to capture the last glimps of an art peice that was to be locked away for many years. Then he looked at me and held it up.

"Is that me?"

Dylans' POV

I took her art book gently and smiled as I flipped through it. some of the pictures were funny and others were kind of sad. Then I turned to the page before the last. Drawn on the paper was a tall figure with a black jacket slung over his shoulder. His hair was sticking up in different spots and his body was fit. I held it closer. He had no face. His head held no nose or mouth, neither eyes or ears. Then my eyes traveled to his arm that was bare. From the top of the arm down flowed black ink. Like it was a tattoo. I held it up for her to see.

"Is that me?" I almost wispered. Why would she draw me? But I don't know of I'm really surprised more then...Happy? Is that how I feel? Is that what if feels like to be happy? To want to smile without force, to feel my eyes light up and my heart sore through the sky?

She shook her head and turned the page for me. I looked at the next picture with amazement. There on the paper was me. My messy hair, my deep eyes and sharp jaw line. My nose and cheek bones and my eyes. She depicted my eyes as if they were gems of great value or a tresure you keep hidden away.

"Can I have this?" She smiled and gently took the book out of my hands. She ever so slightly she tore the picture from its binding. She handed it to me and I looked at the picture. She looked at me as if I was a subject of awe and perfection. When I look at myself all I can muster to see is a monster, an animal that needs to be locked up. But her she saw beauty.

The bell rang and I stood up. I reached out my hand and she took it, and we walked down the hall to our first class. Then our second. I ignored Michel the whole class and focused on Alexiah. What made her laugh, what made her twirl her hair. What she gets annoyed with was easy, but what she loved was harder. We walked to our next class hand in hand. Michel seemed to not want to bother with us today, which in return made me happy.

"So you decided to join the coolest class Dylan." I smiled at Mrs. Grace. Her hands rested on her bloated stomache.

"Well its better then Mr. Hugo's class." I looked down at Alexiah and she was smiling.

"Great we have a new student. How wonderful." Alexiahs smile wiped off her face as she heard the annoyingly obnoxious voice of Brittany.

Alexiahs' POV

My day was going great, then Brittany decided to show up. Raised in a christain family I learned to love people, but something in me wanted to strangle her. Why I didn't know. I loojed forward and felt Dylans eyes weigh heavy on my face. He gently squeezed my hand.

"Mrs. Grace, can I sit by Alexiah?"

"oh by all means, take my seet in the front. Besides every girlfriend wants to sit by her boyfriend." I felt anger boil up and my hands tighten their grip. Alexiah took in a sharp breath and I released her hand with a hushed sorry.

"I know you would like to sit by Alexiah but we do have a seeting chart. It will change next week though so you guys could have the chance of sittog next to each other then. For now though you actually sit two rows behind Alexiah. Now if you could please take your seats," the bell rang and she smiled. "The bell is about to ring." She said with a smile. I sighed but didn't argue.