sixteen

"have a nice day!" the bus driver spoke. "thank you, you too!" you walked off the bus, you sighed.

'what if he doesn't even show up?'

you sat near the lake you and eren had sat at, the last time you guys came. you had brought your blanket with you, so you could sit on it.

you laid it on the vibrant green grass. you sat on your bottom, putting your arms behind you for support.

'if he doesn't end up coming, i'll just relax here for a whi-' your thoughts were interrupted by footsteps behind you.

you turned your head, to see eren. his eyes looked teary, which surprised you. you stood up, and faced him.

"eren, what's gotten into you? talk to me." it was silent. all you guys did was stare into each other's eyes. eren broke the silence.

"you and floch started talking again, right?"

you widen your eyes, as you look into his teal-green eyes. 'no..? why would you think that? you know i don't like him."

"then why were you guys hugging? why was he saying i love you to you?.. y/n, i saw everything."

you blinked at him. 'he saw everything? so he walked past when i was with floch?'

"eren, you got it all wrong."

"then fucking tell me why that happened?" you looked at your surroundings, becoming a little intimidated by eren.

"i went to the bathroom, floch stopped me, and told me he missed me. i kept telling him to fuck off- and then he hugged me. i couldn't move, until he told me he loved me. i got angry, pushed him off me, argued with him over and over. he told me that i could never find a person better than him, but i told him i already did.. and i was talking about you, eren. you showed me real love and affection, unlike him."

eren looked relieved, but he didn't move, or speak. you uttered, "i hope you're not mad at me-" you felt eren's arms wrap around your body.

you stood, wide eyed. you looked up at him, to see him crying. you slowly put your arms around him too. you finally felt at peace again, everything felt like how it used to.

"i'm sorry for taking things out of context." he whispered to your ear. "it's okay, i would've gotten upset too."

he pulled away, as you looked in the direction of your blanket, then back at eren. "wanna hang out for a bit? just the two of us?"

he nodded, "yeah, i would like that." as you two sat down next to each other, you saw his hand, on the blanket. you put your hand on top of his.

he blushed as he stared at you. "aw, look how cute you are." you said while pinching his cheek.

"hey, stop it." he chuckled while pushing your hand away. you scooted closer to him, you turned your head to him.

"eren, i haven't been honest with you." eren glanced over at you. "huh?"

"do you remember when i told you about me and floch splitting?" you ask eren.

"yeah, you said that you broke things off because he ignored you, and then later on you found out he was talking to another girl while you two were dating."

you started to burst out laughing. "what? what's so funny?" "it's not funny, it's just surprising that you still remember."

he smiled, "i would never forget any memory with you."

you feel your cheeks burn up, as you cover your face with your hand. "aw, look how cute you are." he mocked you.

"shut up." you said while giggling with him. "well.. i wasn't honest on how me and floch ended things. i'm sorry i didn't tell you sooner, that's when the break up was still getting to me."

"it's fine, continue." his eyes relaxed while he slid his hand on his brown hair. "me and floch were at this party in senior year, and he told me he would be back. i mistaken a room for a bathroom, and walked in on floch and this other girl laying in bed together. he told me he didn't love me, and that our relationship wasn't special anymore. it was hard for me because i thought we had a healthy relationships. plus, he said that with a naked girl next to him. now that i look back at it now, i see all the red flags. and i'm sorry i lied to you."

eren gazed into your e/c eyes. "i knew floch was a shit head, but i didn't know he would do that type of stuff. i'm sorry y/n, for the way floch treated you."

you shook your head, "it's fine, i found someone better anyways."

he grinned, "i'll break his neck for you."

you start laughing, "no, eren. i don't want you getting arrested." he shrugs, "you're right."

you looked at your phone, seeing the time was 6:43. "we should get going. i need the bus to pick me up too." you stood up, as eren grabbed your hand.

"i can drive you, and we can hang out at my dorm." you tilted your head, "are you sure? what about jean?"

"i'll kick him out. i'll tell him to go hang out with connie and sasha." you smiled. eren stood up, latching onto your hand.