chapter 2 // Change Can Hurt

A/N: if you read this when it was accidentally published, oops. bUt it's complete now, so enjoy!

__________________________________________________

Now, Marinette Dupain-Cheng loved lots of things: her family, friends, Tikki, fashion, hamsters, video games, Adrien--but if there was one thing she didn't like, it would be change.

Similarly, there was a certain blonde boy who also despised change. The main reason being the loss of his mother many years ago, but the other being the situation he currently found himself at--one that would only ever happen to the  Adrien Agreste(who ironically had as much luck as a black cat).

__________

Adrien felt the world shatter around him, like tiny pieces of glass, and he was frozen, scared to move, scared to cut himself on the shards.

"Okay, now I know this may come off as a surprise--"

"A surprise?!" Adrien scoffed. "No. A surprise is a new gaming console. A surprise is you actually being home for Christmas for once. This isn't a fucking surprise."

Adrien paused for a moment, unsure of what to do or feel.

Does father know I'm Chat Noir?

Brushing off this thought, he continued:

"This is fucking crazy, unbelievable, insane--" He was cut off by his father's sharp words cutting into him like those shards of glass.

"Adrien, I won't tolerate such vulgar language being used in this household. Now if you could zip your mouth and stop being melodramatic for once, I could explain."

Adrien was speechless. He knew his father was an asshole, but is he really just supposed to accept that he's the supervillain that's been terrorizing Paris for the past four years.

"I don't think you understand my motives, but once you do I'm sure you'll agree with what I'm doing."

Adrien narrowed his eyes, he was unable to comprehend what to do.

What about Ladybug?

"You don't know this, but whoever gets their hands on the miraculouses of both Ladybug and Chat Noir: they're able to make one wish come true whatever they want--"

No, I think I knew that father.

"My wish is to bring your mother back to us. There is nothing else that has the power to heal her. See, I was foolish, I let her use the broken peacock miraculous, despite knowing the possible effects it could have on her. The wounds of the miraculous soon became hers, and the dizzy spells and coughing were the result. She fell into a coma the day I told you she disappeared, and soon after realizing the power the miraculous of the ladybug and black cat hold, I planned to lure them out of hiding. Ever since then, I've been Hawkmoth, plotting against them, planning every attack carefully in order to get ahold of their miraculouses. After realizing that Ladybug and Chat Noir are stronger than me only because they're together, I decided I needed a partner..."

Nathalie blushed at Gabriel's comment looking down at the floor.

"Nathalie was Mayura, and after fixing the peacock miraculous, I've been Shadowmoth."