But this time, Bellatrix attempted to make the strawberry-haired girl trip by sticking her leg out.

Adelaide swiftly side-stepped and ended up tripping over Della's robes and falling onto Jaxson Blaze's lap in front of the whole classroom.

"I knew I'd get you to fall for me sooner or later, Harthwood," He whispered in her ear.

Alexander and Della frowned at him.

"Jaxson! I'm so sorry," Adelaide breathed out, mortified at what had happened.

She could feel her face burning as she lifted herself off of him.

"Don't worry about it, Doll. I'd catch you anytime," He winked at her and smirked when her blush grew darker.

"Um, right. Thanks. Right," The embarrassed girl muttered as she turned to walk away.

Her friends waited for her, and when the girls sat down at their shared desk and Alexander sat down behind them next to a concerned-looking Royan, the blonde girl looked at her friend. "Are you okay, Birdie?"

"Fine."

"Sure."

"Yup," Adelaide said, bowing her head so she couldn't see through a curtain of her thick hair.

"Bellatrix is an evil little hag," Della growled, turning around to glare at the curly-haired girl.

When Ancient Runes ended, the Ravenclaws exited and slowly set off to their next class.

Care of Magical Creatures was normally exciting; there was always something to do or something fantastic to see.

But today, they were dealing with Nifflers.

And not only was Adelaide allergic to the little thieves, but they always sensed that she didn't want them anywhere near her, so they ended up snuggling up against her legs.

When Professor Kettleburn leads the little beasts out towards the students, Adelaide quickly dashed behind Alexander's tall form to hide.

The boy chuckles in amusement but moves so that he is fully in front of her.

Adelaide was grateful that the Ravenclaws were accompanied by the Hufflepuffs for this class, so the Slytherins weren't there to make fun of and call her names.

"Are you alright," Someone asked from her side, startling her.

She turned to see Harriette Brighter, the Head Girl, looking at her with friendly concern.

"I'm fine, just allergic is all," Adelaide whispered back to her.

Harriette nodded and looked towards Professor Kettleburn.

"Excuse me, Professor?" She called softly.

The old man smiled kindly at her, "Ah! Yes, Miss Brighter, what is it?"

"Miss Harthwood is allergic to Nifflers. Would it be possible for her to skip today's class?"

"Ah! Of course! Not to worry, Miss Harthwood, I'm sure that Mister Lark will be happy to bring you notes for the essay!" Kettleburn said happily with a wide smile underneath his bushy white mustache.

Adelaide looked at Harriette with great appreciation, and the Head Girl returned the gesture.

"Don't worry, Birdie, I'll bring you everything you need," Alexander said.

"Thank you, Alexander," The girl smiled up at her friend and then started to turn to walk back to the castle when she froze.

"Oh no." She heard Alexander mutter behind her.

A rash quickly broke out over her legs, and then started to move up her arms.

Adelaide slowly glanced down to her feet.

A smiling Niffler beamed up at her.

"Oh, goodness! No, Freddie! Come back here!" Professor Kettleburn said as he hurried over to where his student stood.

Freddie chattered in protest when he was picked up by the old man.

"I'm terribly sorry, dear! Go up to Madam Pomfrey, quickly!"

"Do you want me to come with you, Birdie?" Alexander asked in a worried tone.

"No, I will be fine, thanks," Adelaide answered quickly before running towards to castle.

Nearly an hour and a half later, she emerged from the infirmary, and her stomach growled loudly, telling her that she had in fact, missed lunch.

She was on her way to the kitchens to see if the House Elves would give her something to eat before she needed to get to Muggle Studies class.

As she turned a corner, she came face to face with Severus.

"Oh! Sev, hello, how are you?" She asked politely.

The Slytherin boy lifted his lips to show a hint of a smile. "Hello. Fine, how are you, Adelaide?"

"Just out from being treated for an allergic reaction, so peachy!"

"Nifflers?" Severus asked, remembering back to when he saw her in their Fourth Year in the infirmary.

"Yes," She sighed.

They began to walk together towards the Dungeons.

"Why are you going this way?" Severus asked.

"I missed lunch and I was going to see if I could get something to eat from the kitchens," Adelaide explained.

The boy nodded and matched her step-for-step as they walked.

She was about to say something else to him when she was suddenly hit with something sticky.

"What the bloody hell!" Adelaide cried out.

A disgusting green slime dripped down her hair and into her face, a weird itching started all over her body.

"Oh no." Someone said from in front of the startled duo.

Adelaide and Severus looked up to see a horror-stricken James Potter and Sirius Black.

Peter and Remus were standing behind the guilty boys, looking grim.

Adelaide heard a gasp from beside her and turned to Severus.

He was looking at her with wide eyes.

She looked down at herself and was speechless.

Her skin was turning mixed shades of pink and purple, and her hair was now bright blue.

"Oh, for Merlin's sake," She hissed.