𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐲

Start from the beginning

Jacob was silent, he seemed to be scouting out her face for any doubt.

"So that's why you were so mad at me?" He leaned slightly forward.

Irritation started to build up in her, she didn't want him to know just yet. "Yes, Jacob, yes. If it weren't for you I would be back at home living my life perfectly fine."

"Hey, it's not like I wanted to be here either."

"Well maybe if you would've just stayed put like you were supposed to, this would have never happened," she mumbled.

"Are you blaming me now?" He looked at her, his angry eyes now turned to some sort of defensive fury.

She shrugged slowly, folding her cold hands in her sweater, a lump starting to form in her throat. She turned slightly away from him, not wanting him to see the rising tears.

"Is that really the reason?" His voice sounded more gentle, the way it always did when they used to talk.

She nodded her head, still looking down and quickly catching her silent tears.

She could hear him sigh again. "I think we should stick to your plan. It's the best option we have right now."

She nodded, taking out the money from her pocket. All of her frustration blew out, they had to move on.

"Where did you even get that?" He asked.

"The blonde guy gave it to me before we left."

Jacob's eyebrows furrowed. "And you just... took it?"

"Well, yeah, what else was I supposed to do?"

Jacob shook his head. "I wouldn't trust that guy if I were you."

Julia stood up with him, brushing the dirt off of her pants. "How much harm do you think a few dollars can be?"

"I don't know... I just know not to take things from strange guys who are in dangerous gangs, no matter what the object is."

Evidently, Julia didn't know whether her decision to take the money was good or bad at that moment, but she had faith that it might help them get out of this mess and back home.

If only things had been different, Jacob.

~~~

Carmen Yates

"So, you don't know where they are, who they're dealing with or whether they're alive or dead?"

Carmen shook his head. "Not exactly..."

"But you still think your plan is going to work?"

Carmen shrugged, pulling the sweater off of his sweaty skin. He grabbed a bottle and started gulping down the water.

"Things took a bit of a turn. I didn't think Jorge would have the guts in him to actually shoot two people in that poor ol' church."

"It's unfortunate, really. I heard they were both in life-threatening condition... one guy didn't even make it."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, it was all over the news yesterday."

Carmen shook his head, putting the water bottle back down on the little counter in the kitchenette they were standing in.

"What can I tell you... that's life, I guess."

The guy leaned himself against the wall of the tiny room. "So, what now, boss?"

Carmen folded his arms across his broad chest, looking out as some sort of plan started to unravel in his mind.

"I've already gotten Warner taken care of," he grinned, "without Kevin, he's going to be clueless."

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, is that Kevin dude the guy that's locked in the closet?"

Carmen stared at him. "Yes... yes, it is. Now pay attention."

The guy put his arm up in surrender. "Alright, alright. So, Jorge's a goner, what now?"

"We need to create a diversion for the CCPA... at least until I get Julia and Jacob back."

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that?"

Carmen sighed. "I have no idea."

A/N

A/N

i know y julia followed jacob fr and u don't so haha.

i also know who carmen was talking too and u don't so hahahA.

i rly got nothing else to say.
just wanted to keep u wondering if I'm ever going to end this story :p

pls don't hate me, I'm going to make sure it all connects in the end :p