𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚

𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙚

𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙚

* ˚ ✦

      "YOU know the last time we bought one of these to her grave it was stolen the same day. A hundred bucks down the drain." was the first thing Stiles said to Noah, putting down a bouquet onto his desk. When he didn't hear a comment back he leaned slightly over the desk, "hey dad?" he called out making Noah sit up slightly from where he was kneeling on the floor. "Hi, what are you doing down there?"

"Working, and hey. If somebody wants flowers that badly, they can have them. It's the gesture." he told his son getting back to his work, ignoring his son who walked to where he was kneeling.

Stiles looked around at all the boxes full of case files all around his office, "dad what is all this? He asked. "I've been looking over some old cases for a more illuminated perspective if you know what I mean" he answered hinting towards the supernatural perspective.

"Strange sighting of bipedal lizardman sprinting across freeway" Stiles read off one of the files making Noah point towards one of the piles "kanima pile"

"Dad, you're not going back through all your old cases seeing if any of them had something to do with the supernatural, are you?" he questioned, squatting in front of his father.

"I admit the recent opening of my eyes to the greater mysteries of the universe has got me reassessing" he admitted making the sarcastic teen cover his mouth. "There are at least 100 cases here where I can look at the details and I can ask myself, "if I knew then what I know now..." he explained trailing off when Stiles interrupted him. "Right, but are you sure you wanna go down that path?"

"Do I have a choice?" he uttered looking intently at the boy. "There are two cases in particular that I can't get out of my head" he started getting up and grabbed one of the files. "Eight year's ago, I was elected Sheriff of County my first official duty was to tell a man not only had his wife and two kids died in a car accident but, as best as we could tell, the body of his 9-year-old daughter had been dragged from the wreck by coyotes," he informed Stiles while the boy looked at the picture of the little girl.

"You mean dragged and eaten?" he questioned switching his gaze from the file to his dad. "We didn't find the car until three days after the crash, they had driven off the road into a pretty deep ravine. Two bodies that were still in the car were covered in bites and slashes." while telling the story it looked as if he was reliving the day he found the bodies but snapped out of it by Stiles. "So you're thinking bites and claw marks, probably a werewolf attack?"

"Maybe"

"But coyotes they scavenge, right? So, couldn't they have just left the bites and the slashes?" his mind storming with possibilities on what exactly could've caused the crash. "Absolutely. But guess what night the accident occurred on?" Noah pointed towards the date on the file making Stiles realize "the night of the full moon" he read aloud.

It was quiet for a moment before Stiles remembered what his dad said before, "wait, dad, you said two files you can't get out of your head? What about the other one?"

Noah nodded before grabbing a file that was sitting on top of one of the boxes, but this one looked different than the one. This one was thicker with a drawing on the file, one that looked alarmingly familiar.

It was a drawing of a willow tree, the one that he met Astrid under.

"She was so young that we had to let her draw on it, she kept on moving and wouldn't pay attention to anyone," Noah explained seeing his son's brows furrowed. Stiles kept his eyes on the file as he opened it revealing a younger version of Astrid, she looked about roughly 7 years old. Tear stains under her eyes making the blue stand out against the whites of her eyes that turned red from what he assumed crying so much.

"I remember the day we found her, we had gotten a call from her mother asking for an ambulance, " he began making Stiles peer up at him.

Blood covered her hand as Adriana pressed her husband's neck, attempting to apply pressure to his wound. "Yea I need an ambulance to um 7564 Avenue!" she cried loudly into the phone, refusing to believe that he was already dead before she got there.

"Ok ma'am we're sending one now, are there multiple bodies?" the operator asked calmly and quickly into the phone. "Yes!! Oh my God, there's so much blood!" she replied the complete opposite of the operator.

"Ok multiple police officers are on their way now, just stay on the line with me"

"I remember when we got there, her mother was just sitting against the wall holding her husband's body. We didn't even know if she could hear us but there were about 10 dead bodies in total and one died on the way to the hospital." Noah told his son now sitting on the desk with his son standing frozen in front of him.

"She did that?" he whispered finding it hard to believe that someone who helped him with his nightmares and made flower crowns could do that.

"Yeah but that's the thing, she kept on saying she didn't do it" Noah replied slightly still dumbfounded about the whole case. "What do you mean?" Stiles asked now confused himself. "I mean she kept on saying the witch did"

"The witch? Who's the witch?"

"She said the witch came and hurt them all but we found her fingerprints on all of the bodies. And in court she just kept saying 'she did it but not on purpose. It was an accident.' the whole time." Noah recited.

Stiles looked back down to the file and scanned the rest of the page. He furrowed his brows when he read SYMPTOMS in bold lettering and what was underneath almost made him have a panic attack right then and there.

SYMPTOMS

INCAPABLEBILLITY TO READ
No longer suffering

SLEEPWALKING
No longer suffering

NOT BEING ABLE TO TELL REALITY FROM A DREAM
No longer suffering

ACUTE ONSET INSOMNIA

HALLUCINATIONS
No longer suffering

NIGHT TERRORS

Everything that she went through, he was going through the same thing. He remembered her saying that he called out to her subconsciously, could that be because he was now going through the same thing? "Where is she now?" he hesitantly asked knowing that she was the same age as him now so she had to be in jail or another country.

"Her mom refused to fight for her so she put her in Eichen house" Noah revealed not noticing his son's wide eyes from the information.

"dad, where are all these going?" he asked trying to at least make sense of something. "Yeah, we, uh..." he trailed off his eyes on one of the boxes that said, Agent McCall.

"We probably need to talk about that"

୨⎯ Authors note ⎯୧

Officially the first chapter... damn
This one is short um anyway...

1222 words