Five Years Ago

"5 years back, I changed my name to Aroura from Arohi"
She said.

"Why?"
I asked, she had a strom of emotions in her eyes.

"Because the Arohi in me died 5 years back"

5 years back
(Aroura was 17 years old)

Aroura Oberoi's POV

I was at Helena's place we were completing assignments, my phone flashed

'Mrs. Gill'
She is our neighbour and is very close to our family.

I picked up.

"Hello Aunty"
I said still writing the names.

"Hello beta, app Jaha pi bhi ho abbhi jaldi ghar ao"
She said in hurry.

"Kay hua Aunty?"
I asked Helena looked at me asking for who is it.

"Beta bas tum jaldi ao"
She said and hung up before I can ask anything.

"Kay hua? Kon tha?"
Helena asked.

"Bro Mrs. Gill, she asked me to come home urgently, pata nahi kay hua h, mi chalti hu, wapas ake complete karte h"
I said.

"Ruk mi bhi chalti hu"
She said I nodded.

We both reached home 30 minutes later, I parked my scooty beside the 3 cars, Dolly bua yaha hai?

I went towards the main door, as we both entered in everything was normal, but still it wasn't, I walked in past the hallway filled with different decorations to the central area, it was a large hall with walls covered in frames of our family, but what got my attention was 2 bodies laid on the floor covered in white shroud.

The wind blew taking the cover off the face, Mumma, Papa laid there dead... DEAD.

"Mumma!!!! Papa!!!! Nooo"

I yelled and went towards them and fell on my knees beside them, not a single tear came in my eyes.

I sat there for so long to remember.

"Arohi??"

Someone shook me, I looked up at dolly bua, her eyes were red, her tear stricken face terrified me, I leaned back afraid, I looked around the hall was filled with people from our society everyone looked sad.

"Beta it's time for cremation"
She said slowly.

"No! They aren't dead! They are just...... no it can't be possible, I am just dreaming"

I said, dolly bua pulled me up slowly, and hugged me hard crying.

"Bua mumma papa aren't dead, they aren't"
I said, everything here is suffocating me.

"They are gone beta, they are dead"
Bua said pulling away, those words, those fucking 7 words made my world crumble in pieces.

"But it can't be possible.. me and dad are going to do shopping today"
The child in me was desperate for this to be a bad dream.

"Papa mumma died in accident today"
She said, all my Hopes, dreams everything is crumbling down slowly.

Some people came and picked up there bodies, my mind wasn't able to deal with all this I was shook to core.