"great serve, y/n", the voice that greeted her was enough to ruin her day, "must've taken a lot of practice huh"

the girl tilted her head as she looked at where it came from. hirose akio. karasuno's setter.

and also her ex boyfriend.

who looks like:

(yes natsuya supremacy)

akio was great at what he did. people knew him since middle school, which was when she first met him.

they were good friends. they practised together often.

he was the first rival she ever had.

but there was a distinct difference between them.

things came easy to akio. he did everything so smoothly. so effortlessly.

he could put in half the effort that y/n did and still be better than her. it really stung sometimes. but then again, could she blame him for something he was born with?

they went to different high schools. each the best for volleyball in the prefecture. but they still kept in touch.

somewhere between all the trash talk, and arguments about who was better, and the endless brags when one appeared on tv or got called for an interview, they just fell for each other.

he asked her out at the start of their second year. she gained a hot, genius boyfriend and envious looks from the many girls that swooned over him.

he gained a confident menace of a girlfriend and warnings from nene about how he should never hurt her if he values his life.

akio hadn't ever noticed that the difference between y/n and him was so drastic. he slowly began to see what he hadn't seen before.

he hadn't ever noticed how she always stayed back after practice was done for the day. he never had to deal with stuff like that.

it was a simple case of difference in talent. and he used to admire y/n anyway. but since he started seeing her, he respected her so much more.

he just had to go fuck it up, didn't he?

since she trained so much more than him, they didn't meet as often as he'd like them to. he felt neglected in many ways when she didn't respond to his calls and texts.

it still doesn't excuse what he did. it never will. and he knows that.

"thanks", y/n forced a smile as she looked at him and then walked ahead.

ever since he hurt her, she had cut him off. she ignored him whenever they crossed paths and blocked him on social media.

the news of them breaking up had spread like wildfire. people in every miyagi school knew about it.  some were even tweeting about it for like, a week.