(xxviii) akio

before we begin with today's chapter, i have something very important to bring to everyone's notice.

(@/tsumeboshii on twitter)

that's all. ok now let's proceed.

"NIIYAMA HAS WON"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS"

"this serve happens to be the specialty of the tri-wielder, miya atsumu and he's here to see it right now! is this a coincidence?"

"very few pro players manage to do this serve well."

"oh my god can these commentators stop yelling so much", shina, who was sitting in the row right behind them, groaned.

"i don't think anyone else in this tournament is capable of doing this. a high schooler pulling this off is insane!!"

"i agree!! this is why l/n y/n is my favourite. she consistently manages to surprise us."

"her teammates seem just as shocked as the rest of us!!"

"when.. when did she..", riko seemed to be at a loss for words

"when you were whining about not being able to catch up to her, she was going further ahead", nene said plainly.

she was surprised too. surprised of just how hard
y/n would work to get what she wanted. that kind of dedication was something she would probably never have.

the first years were already running to knock y/n over with a bear hug.

"HOW COULD YOU HIDE THIS?!?!"

"I LOVE YOU Y/N SENPAI JUST MARRY ME AT THIS POINT"

y/n laughed, feeling too exhilarated to say anything.

she had been practising this serve ever since atsumu suggested it to her that day when she cried in front of him. it was easier for her to learn rather than a float serve.

now that atsumu was in the public eye, it was not possible for her to greet him like she wanted to. so she just gave him a short nod before walking off court.

once the high of the win died down, the actual exhaustion from playing the match hit her.

this match was the only one they had to play today, so she had the rest of the day to recuperate and rest.

"has anyone seen my jacket?", y/n asked, looking inside her bag and around where they were sitting.

the replies from the girls were unhelpful murmurs, since everyone seemed just as tired as her. so she got away from the team was to look for it as they proceeded up into the stands to watch the other matches.