(v) upgrade

"bruh what the fuck do you wear when you hang out with a cute pro vb player that's six years elder than you"

"wait did i say he's cute when did i decide that"

"maybe he is cute but he seems like a fuckboy or smth, giving out numbers to people he barely knows ffs"

"this is still not a big deal though, right? i don't wanna tell anyone. i don't know how to randomly work it into a conversation."

she settled on a tight fitting full sleeved t-shirt along with a pair of shorts and her vb shoes.

"don't you have the final tomorrow?", her mom asked as she left, "i hope you're not going to go practice"

"no i'm not"

"then where are you off to?"

"just hanging out with a friend"

"keep your phone on and come back by ten max", she said, "and don't do too much physical activity, sit down at a cafe or something"

"yes, yes don't worry so much", she laughed before going outside the house from there she caught a cab.

she scrolled through her phone as she waited for him to arrive. she flinched slightly as she felt a tap on her shoulder.

atsumu was wearing a black hoodie with grey sweatpants and a cap.

"hey y/n"

"you look like you're gonna go rob a store"

"i am, you wanna join me?"

"yes"

"i don't want people to recognise me"

"it's not a very convincing disguise"

"it definitely is"

"eh no. anyway let's go"

"where are we going??"

"you'll see"

five minutes later

"wow y/n why am i not surprised", atsumu said, staring at the empty school building in front of him.

"you said we could do whatever i want. and what i wanna do is practice"

"damn it"

"i know, right?"

"so you want me to sneak into a girls' school with you", he said, looking at her with his arms folded

"you don't have to join me"

"no way in hell can i watch someone play and not join them", he huffed. "come on"

"that's the spirit!", she exclaimed, "come on, now give me your 'top setter in japan' tosses"