(xxiv) emo

y/n?

y/n?

hey dad

WHAT'S UP

a LOT
wow, it feels like we haven't
spoken in a while

yeah, sorry i've been
so busy lately

i get it, i've been busy too

oh anyway, i have
a reason for calling

which is?..

so i'm gonna be in tokyo
for a few days. and i
thought we could meet.

hmmm sure, i can only spare
a day or two though.
nationals are pretty close.

whatever you say. how
does this weekend sound?

sounds good. text me the
details. i'll tell mom.

y/n's dad was a renowned physiotherapist, who worked with pro football teams. his job had always required a lot of travelling and so he was not around much.

she just accepted that and still maintained a good relationship without having expectations from him. to her, he was more like a cool uncle than a dad honestly.

his story with her mom was pretty romantic. they were college sweethearts and what not. even though the two were divorced for almost four years now, they weren't bitter about it.

the divorce was not very messy. but very often she felt as though they were mature for her sake and that they didn't ever drag her into the issues that were in between them, which led her to believe that it was better than it actually was.

but they didn't hold any grudge against each other so why should she have to take sides?

-•-•-•-

"HIII", y/n was engulfed into a hug by her father the moment she got off the train at shibuya station

and though she was taken aback, she reciprocated, mainly cause she missed her dad.

he looked young for his age. despite being in his forties he was good looking. good looking enough to attract glances from girls much younger than him. it made her sick to her stomach sometimes.

"how are you these days?", she asked as they began walking out of the station and he carried her backpack.

"eh, same old", he shrugged, "more importantly i heard you went to the national camp again!! how was it?"