(xxv) motivation

atsumu looked

atsumu looked... speechless.

y/n. his y/n was literally here right now. how did he not notice earlier?

he looked startled for a second. and then his eyes lit up. he realised he couldn't react to her presence because there were ten thousand people watching him. so he suppressed his excitement.

he merely smiled at her, feeling his heart beat faster as she smiled back and gave a small wave. unnoticeable enough that no one would think he was smiling at her.

"who is he smiling at like that?!", the girls looked at the rows behind them. y/n shook her head.

"man, look at those thighs", girl 1 whined

y/n rolled her eyes, "tsk"

it didn't bother her so much in the beginning. but over time, her feelings for atsumu had grown so much that such remarks started irritating her.

"you got a problem?", girl 2 asked y/n, "you jealous he was looking at someone else?"

y/n took off the cap she was wearing, glaring at the group of girls.

"y/n...", she felt a tug on her arm and it was her dad, "calm down"

she rolled her eyes before looking back ahead. he wouldn't understand how she felt. no one would.

but her attention was diverted to the match because there was a sudden improvement in atsumu's performance. it was as if he wanted to do better, to impress someone perhaps.

"'tsum-tsum, you seem to be in extra awesome form today!!", bokuto exclaimed, clapping a hand on his back as he scored another point off his serve.

just then, sakusa kiyoomi too, spotted y/n in the crowd. he rolled his eyes. it was almost nauseating how much she affected him.

"well at least it's good that she's motivating him rather than being a distraction for him."

nobody seemed surprised by the outcome of the match. a crushing defeat for the falcons.

"you think you understand the sport better now?", y/n asked her dad as they got up from their seats

"it's... not that bad", he admitted, sighing, "kinda.. interesting"

"see!! i told you it's the greatest", she exclaimed

"football is still better", he scoffed

as they got to the ground floor, he finally brought it up.

"so why were you mad at those girls?"

"they... uh.."

"it's because of miya atsumu, isn't it?", he frowned

y/n almost choked on her own spit. "what makes you say that?"

"do you think your mom and i don't talk? he was looking at you, wasn't he?"