(i) let's begin

"nene get up!", y/n tapped the shoulder of her best friend repeatedly, "we have practice like now"

nene looked up at her, mumbling some gibberish before going back to sleep on her desk.

"oh come on, i covered for you for sleeping in class", y/n groaned, "i'm trying to be all vice captain like"

nene finally got up, letting out a heavy sigh. y/n grabbed her hand, dragging her along to the locker room.

"y/n senpai!!", kyoko called

"hiii", she waved back

"terumi can't make it today so i'll be conducting practice", y/n said, "is everyone here?"

she scanned the room for any missing people.

"where's natsu?", she asked

"she asked me to tell you she's going to be a little late", chika replied

"ugh, of course she's late", aikawa rolled her eyes, "i'm telling you that girl is only on this team because-"

she stopped when she saw y/n smiling at her, as if to say, "continue talking, i dare you🥰"

"okay then, let's begin without her", y/n reverted to her usual tone, "drills-"

"oh my god i'm sorry i'm late!!", the door to the gymnasium opened and in walked the orange haired second year

"it's okay, go change quickly"

practice went on as usual. their team was undefeated in the miyagi prefecture. many amazing players came here solely for their volleyball club so their lineup was a force to be reckoned with.

l/n y/n was no exception. she initially got into the school because of academic excellence but her main focus was volleyball.

it was her last year playing for them. the year before they had finally won nationals for the first time in five years. she intended to win this year too.

"guys!!", natsu called out, interrupting the chitchat that was on among the group, "i have an announcement"

"yes?"

"i have tickets to the V-League's opening game next week", she began a little apprehensively, "and i would like if you all could come"

y/n sighed at her hesitation. when natsu first joined the team, there were many people who thought the coach was being biased in making her a regular just because her brother was a pro volleyball player.

but they were wrong. she was talented. probably even more talented than her brother, y/n liked to think.

natsu didn't like to bring up her brother very often. she started working twice as hard as everyone else in an attempt to try and prove to them that she was not here because of favouritism. and the coach acknowledged her and gave her as much time on court as she could during practice matches.