⚏𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎⚏

Start from the beginning

"And Neji helped you...?" Naruto asked skeptically.

"You better believe it," I winked, using the blonde's line against him.

"Okay okay. I'll go wake up everyone else and we'll eat." he chuckled to himself and ran upstairs to call everyone to eat.

"Well, I'll start setting up the plates," Lee offered.

"And I'll get the drinks," Choji chimed in.

We all helped to set the table, and not long after, a bubbly blonde reappeared with many sleeping faces trailing behind him.

"I don't like to be woken up this early," Sasuke complained.

"Yeah but if Sakura's here then you don't complain," Ino mumbled.

"You wanna speak up, pig?" Sakura asked, raising a fist.

"Not particularly, billboard brow!" Ino shouted.

"Ladies ladies, please. It's too early," Lee sighed.

"Who the fuck cooked this?" Ten Ten scrunched her face at the site of the buffet.

"I did," Neji deadpanned.

"Oh Neji!" Ten Ten ran to him, latching her arms around his waist to hug him. "Of course it was you! Only you can cook the best smelling, most exquisite tasting food!"

"Okay," Neji responded, shooing the wide-eyed girl off.

"Let's just eat," I spoke. Everyone hummed in agreement and took their place at the table.

We talked about our return home and how everything's been. Sakura said I might even be able to stop therapy as soon as tomorrow. My knee hasn't been hurting as badly, but I still have to limit my movement with it.

So in essence, we're free to return home tomorrow and plot our revenge against the Akatsuki. Neji let us know that Shikamaru and Shino have been diligently tracking the group and have recently found a lead. Some of the members died in the fire, but a few still remain, which meant it'd make things on our end a bit easier.

Most of the day was spent packing and enjoying our last bits of freedom before we returned to our normal, chaotic lifestyle.

"You ready to go back?" Neji asked, stepping into my room.

"I guess. But I've enjoyed my time here. Especially our time together," I cooed, stepping close to him.

He grabbed me by my belt loops and lightly kissed my lips. "So have I," he smirked.

"Nothing is going to change when we get back right?" I hesitantly inquired.

"Not a thing princess," he assured me.

"So are we like...official?" I whispered.

"No."

"No? What do you mean no?" I squeaked, pushing the tall man off of me.

"Easy there. I only say no because I haven't gotten to take you on a real date yet."

"Oh. Haha. Okay, then I feel a bit better now. But promise me when we get back, we'll go on an actual date?"

"Promise." he gave me a heart-warming smile. Immediately, I felt a bit uneasy by our promise, as though it wouldn't come true.

I shook my head, ridding myself of those negative thoughts. "Now shoo! I've got to finish packing and you have to do the same!"

"What are you even packing? You came here with nothing. You've just been mooching off of mine and Sakura's clothes," he informed me.

"So? I've still got to put them in a bag. At least let me feel like I'm doing something," I sighed.