⚏𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎 ℎ𝓃ℯ⚏

"

"...are they fighting..."

⊱⎻⎻⎻♡⤽⤼◇❀◇⤽⤼♡⎻⎻⎻⊰

NEJI'S POV

What could that pom-pom-wearing bitch have said to y/n to upset her so much? I can't even have a conversation with her now since she's out with everyone. Guess I'll just get to work.

Making my way to the large, mundane office, I was met with a familiar pineapple, dark-haired male.

"Shikamaru, when did you get here?" I asked him.

"When you were gawking at everyone. What's up with you? You seem—different." Shikamaru eyed me intensely, his gaze never wavering.

"Different how? I mean, a lot has happened in these last few months," I finally replied, tearing my eyes from his deadly gaze.

He raised an eyebrow at me, as though what I said wasn't believable. "I'll get to the bottom of it. I always do."

"Whatever. What do you got for me?"

"Nothing crazy." I watched as he pulled out a briefcase full of papers, fiddling with the section tabs until he found what he was looking for. "Here."

His slender fingers placed two thin sheets of paper on my desk, waiting for me to examine them.

I picked them up, reading the contents of the letters. Both contained insight about the Akatsuki and their current whereabouts.

"Shikamaru!" I exclaimed. "How did you find out all of this with no leads?"

"You know me. I just put two and two together," he shrugged. "Anyway, now that you're back, I assume we're gonna make a play to attack them and be done with everything once and for all?"

"Yes. That would be the most sensible thing to do. Then hopefully things will calm down around—"

Just then, Hinata burst through the door, sweating and out of breath.

"Hinata! What happened?" Shikamaru turned to ask.

"It's—Danzo—we found—him—and he's not too—far from the—Akatsuki," she finally said through pants.

"What's your call, boss? Do we move out now while we have the upper hand?" Hinata and Shikamaru stared at me, waiting for an answer. And truth be told, I had no answer to give them.

I want to do this properly. I don't want to have any casualties and I want us to be completely prepared.

"Hinata what's the status? Are they fighting?" I asked her.

"No, not at this very moment. But Danzo found out that the remaining Akatsuki members picked up on his location and are devising a plan of their own to intercept him before he leaves for San Juan again," she informed me.