In My Defense, I Was Left Unsupervised

So much had happened in the past few days. All Y/N was doing was playing baseball with her family, having a good time with one another, when three vampires suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Carlisle almost shoved her behind him, scared that her blood would drive them crazy and make them go after her. After all, it was worse for her than it was for Bella. Because she wasn't human. She was a witch.

But they found her anyway. Carlisle feared he would go after his mate.

But to James, a vampire protecting a human was much more intriguing. But a vampire protecting a witch, it didn't stop the temptation.

So they set out to protect Bella. Carlisle had half a mind to leave her behind, but she was able to convince him otherwise.

"If you leave me behind, he'll just go after me first. Take me with you," she told him. He caved after a little more argument and reluctantly let her go with Bella, Jasper, and Alice.

When James changed the course Carlisle had set for him, everyone was on more than just an edge.

So it did not help when you got a call from James telling Y/N to meet him. "You're stupid. You think I can't take you?" she questioned him, trying to cover up her fear.

"Oh, I'm sure you can. I love a show," he said before slowly adding in a lower, more sadistic tone, "But, you might want to hold back on that. One little spell and I kill Bella's precious mommy. Wouldn't want that, would we?"

She stiffened, "You're lying. You don't have her."

"Really?" he asked, "Then where is Bella headed to now?"

She set her phone down to her side, looking around to where she left Bella. When she did not see the girl on question, she sighed heavily. She lifted her phone to her ear, "Where is she?"

He chuckled threateningly, "You know where to find me."

He hung up the phone and she almost yelled, throwing her phone across the room as it broke against the wall. She rushed to get a taxi, following Bella to the ballet studio where there was a load of trouble waiting for them.

As soon as she was dropped off at the ballet studio, she walked in slowly and quietly. She walked around a corner, turning around and immediately being shoved to the ground by James.

"Hey, little witch," he greeted with a smirk.

She groaned, getting to her knees. She went to stand, but was unable to. She had sprained her ankle when she was shoved.

Wonderful start.

"Where's Bella?" she demanded. James crouched down to her level, tilting his head before motioning behind him as he held up a camera to her face. "Smile," he smirked.

"Y/N!" Bella called, struggling as she tried to look over. She was bleeding and bruised, she definitely had quite the beating.

She looked back at James, "Let her go. You know it's me you want."

He chuckled, "It's both of you I want." He stroked a hand down the side of her face and she hissed at him. "Stay here. I'll be right back," he stood and walked over to Bella, his head tilted the entire time.

She raised her hand, balling it into a fist and squeezing hard as her magic gripped him. He crouched down and dropped the camera, clutching his head in pain as he yelled.

He turned to her, his hands shaking and his teeth bared. He grabbed the camera and picked her up by her throat, lifting her up as he smacked her against the wall.

Her vision and hearing disoriented, the back of her head beginning to bleed. She was sure to have a concussion.

James took a deep breath in, sighing contently as his eyes closed. He looked at her again, his eyes black with hunger. He chuckled deeply, "Delicious."