I Missed You

"Carlisle, it's only a week. I'll be back in no time," she told him, getting ready to board her flight to Idaho. Y/N was a professional photographer. A friend of hers had recommended her to a friend of theirs and she was asked to take photographs for their wedding. It was a good gig and she accepted the offer happily.

"Are you sure I can't come with you?" he asked her gently, her hands in his. She sighed and smiled, "You have work here. You can't just not show up."

"I have plenty of vacation days left," he tried.

She shook her head, "And I'd like to use those vacation days for actual vacations." Y/N looked behind her, before turning back to Carlisle, "I have to go before they leave without me. I love you, and I'll see you in a week. Bye, Carlisle."

He sighed, kissing her quickly before reluctantly letting go, "Goodbye, Y/N. I'll see you soon."

She smiled and left, pausing at the booth as she told him, "Miss you already."

"Miss you more," he replied.

Y/N walked the rest of the way as Carlisle stayed by the window, not moving from his spot even after the plane took off ten minutes later.

~

Only a couple days had passed and it was clear that Carlisle missed her. Y/N could have sworn he called every few hours, "checking up on you" he called it.

She had to tell him to quit calling her after a few interruptions, and he only listened for an extra hour before calling again.

He was no better at the house. He was there waiting by the phone if he wasn't at work. The others teased him for being so lovesick while she was away.

He would be trying to concentrate on work, but would space off and wonder if he should call her again. Edward would laugh and shake his head, which made Carlisle snap out of his daze, work on more of his work, and then pick up his phone to call her.

Sometimes he'd even call Alice into the room to ask if she would pick up the call if he called her. It was a yes every time, so he quit asking at some point.

Y/N's phone rang in her pocket after she got a shot of the church the wedding was taking place, getting a few of them for different options. She sighed and picked it up, putting it to her ear after she answered, "Yes, Carlisle?"

"Hello, Y/N," he greeted with a smile.

She huffed with a small chuckle, "Carlisle, stop calling me. I have to work. You're gonna get me fired if you keep doing this."

"I'm sorry, I just miss you," he told her, fiddling with his pen in one hand.

She nodded, "Yeah, that's what you said a few hours ago when you called me on my lunch break."

"I just miss hearing your voice," he smiled, "but I'll let you get back to your work. I love you."

"I love you too," she said, "I'll call you later, or you'll call me. Whatever happens first." He laughed and gave one last goodbye before hanging up the phone. She sighed and put her phone in her back pocket, lifting her camera to continue.

Carlisle called two more times that day. Once around her dinner time, and then right before she went to bed. He was still sad that he wasn't able to come with her.

"The others are being mean to me. I think you need to come back and deal with them," he told her with a huff as Emmett, Jasper, and Rosalie walked up to the door and leaned there, laughing amongst themselves. He gave them a joking glare and Y/N laughed as well, "You're the one in charge while I'm gone. Or should I put Emmett in charge instead."