43: Maybe Perfect

Start from the beginning

     S.O.S right now, friends needed x

           ~Sophie

Unlike when I sent a text to Jett for the past week, their responses came immediately.

     Going to pick up Blake right now! Be there in a few <3

          ~Piper

Instead of waiting up in my bedroom for them to arrive, I stood up from my comfortable spot on my bed and headed downstairs.

I didn’t even look in the mirror as I left the room because I knew that I probably looked like a homeless person. When I arrived home about a half an hour ago, I felt a little down so I stripped off my jeans and nice shirts, deciding to pull on a pair of baggy back sweat pants and an old sweatshirt that my brother had left behind. To top off my current homeless look, I had pulled out my sleek ponytail and pulled it all together on the top of my head to make a messy bun. My outfit definitely defined how I was feeling at the moment; down in the dumps.

I reached the bottom stair and headed in the direction of the kitchen, feeling in the mood for a nice tub of ice cream. Opening the freezer door, I saw two tubs of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream; one was labelled peach cobbler while the other looked to be chocolate therapy. Deciding to go with the chocolate therapy, I pulled the pint of ice cream out of the fridge before grabbing a spoon from the drawer under the sink and digging right in. The pint was only half full but I felt that it would definitely be enough to make me feel a bit better about myself at the moment.

Ten minutes later, I was sitting Indian style on the couch while watching a re-run of Friends and eating my ice cream when I heard the front door open.

“What the emergency?” Piper yelled as she quickly came up to me grabbed my face in her hands.

She was inspecting my face as though I was about to hit the can and die right on the spot and the look on her face at the moment actually made me chuckle slightly. “Piper,” I said, pulling her hands off of me and smiling slightly. “Nothing’s wrong with me physically.”

Piper stood up and placed her hands on her hips as Blake came and sat beside me with a worried look on his face. “Then what was the S.O.S for?” Blake asked calmly.

“What he said.” Piper said, as they both waited patiently for my reply.

I groaned and threw my head back against the couch. “I don’t know really but I do know that I need my best friends at the moment.” I replied, closing my eyes while stuffing another heaping spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.

Piper sat on the other side of me with a confused look on her face. “Okay, so why isn’t Jett included in this little pity party?” she asked curiously.