thirty seven

Beginne am Anfang

"So I'm gonna give you something." Ethan quickly says. "We're pretty sure Derek's still alive." The news brought everyone's attention and I'm sure woke everyone up even more. "But he killed one of ours. That means one of two things can happen. Either he joins our pack-"

"And kills his own." Scott finishes.

"Or Kali goes after him, and we kill him. That's the way it works." Ethan finishes, standing up from the seat and moving away.

"You know, your little code of ethics there is sort of barbaric, just F.Y.I." Stiles scoffs. My eyes catch onto Coach's white shirt and whistle. Just at the base of the whistle, I could see a purple, powdery substance staining his perfectly white shirt. I shot up, crawling over Stiles, who groaned and scoffed.

"Hey, Coach, can I see that?" I pull his whistle from around his neck and he allows me to have ig.

"I'm gonna need that back. Ethan..." he trails off. I sat myself down and covered part of the whistle, blowing into it so it doesn't make so much noise, but I was also testing a theory. I pull my hand away and find the purple residue on my hand, turning my wrist and showing everyone else.

"Wolfsbane." I say.

"So every time Coach blew the whistle on the bus, Scott, Isaac, Boyd-" Stiles begins.

"And Ethan." Lydia adds.

"We all inhaled it." Scott says.

"You were all poisoned by it." I say.

"So that's how the Darach got in their heads. That's how he did it." Stiles says. He suddenly snatched the whistle from my hands, leans over my small body and opens the bus window.

"Hey, hey, hey! Stilinski!" Coach screams as Stiles tosses the whistle out the bus. The bus driver begins moving and Coach had no choice but to leave it behind.

I sat in math class, daydreaming and thinking about everything that could happen and what we could do to stop the Darach and everything. But in my case, it ended with everyone I knew and loved dead. Soon, I gave up. But that didn't mean I stopped thinking about the Darach and what could be his next plan. Who he was going to take next. If they're all sacrifices, the question is, are they random people he's taking? Are they any specific people? What sort of pattern is taking place?

The schools fire alarms suddenly go off. The teacher grows confused to the news. Usually, we're told ahead of time when we'd have a fire drill, but that's not happening now. It must be real.

"Okay. Everyone knows their rolls. Everyone heads to the parking lot, parking spot D53 and wait for me there. We'll call attendance so don't think about skipping out and joining your friends." I gathered my things and headed out into the hallway. The overcrowded hallway soon dies down once we all headed outside. The teacher calls for attendance and we're soon granted access to the building.

As I made my way to the door, my left arm is snagged and pulled away from everyone. I almost tripped and fall when large hands catch me perfectly and pull me up to my feet.

"Lea. I need you for something."

"Stiles. Why can't you just be a normal teenager and call for my name instead of snatching me up. I'm always thinking I'm getting kidnapped." I scoff.

"By now you should be used to me dragging you around like a rag doll. Now, come on. We gotta go." He drags me along with him and we enter back into the building. We walk through the hallways before entering a vacant science lab. I find a brunette girl sitting at one of the tables.

"Cora." I greet.

"Lea." She says. "Your sister doesn't have very good taste in men." She says. I frown at her.