17

"I should just get contacts I look dumb." Olivia said as she took her glasses off and put them on the coffee table.

"No you don't babe you look sexy." Amanda said as she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend.

"If you say so." Olivia said as she put her hair up and Amanda grabbed her glasses. "What are you doing?" Olivia said as she put the glasses on her.

"Ouuu a sexy librarian." Amanda said.

"You've never been to a library huh?"

"Nope I don't read books." Amanda shrugged as Olivia playfully rolled her eyes. "But seriously you look sexy." Amanda said as she scooted closer and draped her legs over Olivia's. Olivia smiled as she pulled Amanda into her lap and kissed her. Amanda deepened the kiss and soon they started making out until Olivia's phone started to ring. Olivia groaned as she grabbed her phone.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey, it's Ciara."

"Is everything okay?" Olivia asked, hearing Kylie crying in the background.

"I have to take Brooke to the ER. She can't keep anything in her system for more than 5 minutes and I'm really worried something's wrong with her or the baby."

"Okay. You need me to watch Kylie?"

"Yeah that'd be great actually. Can you come get her?"

"Yeah of course I'm on my way."

"Okay thank you." Ciara said before hanging up.

"Babe, I have to go get Kylie. Brooke's sick and Ciara is gonna take her to the hospital."

"I'll come with you." Amanda said as she stood up and followed her to her car. They got in and Olivia drove to Brooke and Ciara's apartment. They went upstairs and knocked on the door and Ciara opened the door looking stressed out with Kylie on her hip.

"Hey." Ciara said.

"Hey, is she ready?" Olivia asked as she nodded towards Kylie.

"Yeah, here's her bag. I don't know how long this is gonna be so I just packed her some stuff for tonight." Ciara explained.

"That's fine Ci. Go take care of Brooke and update me whenever you know something."

"Okay. Thank you guys so much for taking her." Ciara said as she handed them Kylie and her bag.

"No problem. Bye Ci. Kylie say bye bye Ci." Olivia said as she kissed Kylie's cheek.

"Bye bye Ci." Kylie said sadly as she held onto Olivia. Amanda grabbed the car seat before they went back down to Olivia's car. They put the car seat in and Olivia buckled in Kylie before getting in the driver's seat.

"Is it okay if we go back to my house?" Olivia asked as she started the car.

"Yeah that's fine baby." Amanda said as Olivia pulled out and drove to her house.

———————————————

A few hours later Ciara and Brooke walked through the door and sat down. "What'd they say was wrong?" Olivia asked.

"They said I have hyperemesis gravidarum. It's basically severe morning sickness but they gave me some medication and they think it'll be over by the end of this trimester." Brooke said as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Oh okay." Olivia nodded.

"Mhm where's Abby at?"

"She's upstairs, she wasn't feeling good." Serena said as she walked out of the kitchen with some medicine and a sandwich for Abby. "I'm gonna go take this to her, I'll be back." Serena said as she went upstairs and into the guest room. "Hey Abby I got you some tylenol and-" Serena stopped mid sentence when she saw Abby was sweating.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" Serena asked as she ran over to her side.

"I think I'm in labor." Abby said.

"Okay let's get you to the hospital." Serena said as Abby shook her head.

"I can't move, it hurts."

"Do you wanna try?" Serena asked as she nodded and held out her hands. Serena grabbed them and tried to help her up.

"I can't. I just can't." Abby said as her eyes filled with tears.

"Okay. Go ahead and lay back down." Serena said as Abby laid back in the bed. "How far apart are your contractions?"

"I don't know."

"Alright I'm gonna go downstairs and call an ambulance. I'll be right back." Serena said before she rushed downstairs and into the kitchen for the phone.

"Is everything okay?" Brooke asked as Serena grabbed the phone.

"Abby's in labor I have to call an ambulance."

"Ciara just finished emergency delivery training." Brooke said as she looked at Ciara.

"Okay great umm I'm still gonna call the ambulance and David if you could go and check on her." Serena said as she started dialing.

"Yeah of course." Ciara said as she got up and went upstairs to check on Abby. Serena called an ambulance then called David who was already on his way. "She's at 8 centimeters. Her labor has kinda slowed down but just in case we need towels, sterile scissors, and some string." Ciara said as she came downstairs.

A few minutes passed after they got everything and Abby's labor started to speed back up. "Okay Abby you gotta push sweetheart." Ciara said as Abby shook her head.

"No, I can't do this without my dad." Abby said as tears filled her eyes.

"Abby I'm right here honey it's okay." David said as he entered the room and went to her side and held her hand.

"Okay Abby, if you feel like you need to push, go ahead." Ciara said as Abby nodded and squeezed David's hand as she pushed. After pushing for almost 20 minutes Abby had her son.

"Hi baby." Abby said as Ciara handed him to her wrapped in a towel. Not soon after the paramedics came and took Abby to the hospital.

———————————————

7 months later...

"Carson Santhworth." The principal called as the kid in front of Olivia walked onto the stage. "Olivia Santiago." Olivia smiled as she walked onto the stage and heard her family cheering for her. She went back to her seat and watched the rest of her class graduate. After the ceremony finished she immediately found Amanda.

"We did it baby." Amanda smiled as she held Olivia's hand.

"We did." Olivia said as they walked out to the parking lot to find their families. They smiled when they saw them standing together. They hugged their families and stood in the parking lot and talked and took a few pictures before deciding to go out to lunch.

"Liv what do you want to do now that high school is over?" Amanda's dad asked.

"I want to be a detective."