Overture

Each person has nine lives of reincarnation before they officially get sent to the afterlife, and never return to Earth.

How can you tell which life you're in? The rules are pretty simple, actually. You just add up the numbers of your birthdate.

For example, you're born on the 23rd. You just add 2 and 3. That means you're in your fifth life.

For those who are born on the 29th, you just add that up again. 2 plus 9 is 11, and continue adding it up, 1 plus 1 is 2. Means, you're in your second life.

People say I'm very curious and that I get fascinated by every little thing easily. They say my eyes sparkle whenever I get the opportunity to learn something new.

Well, I'm in my first life, so that probably explains it.

Oh! Silly me, I forgot to introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Jeon Jungkook, and this is my first life.

So far, my first life has been going very well. I've been learning a lot and have been given lots of love by my family and my hyungs. However, I've never really looked into the essence of having nine whole lives.

Not until I met her.

I can remember it oh-so-clearly — the day that we first met.

"Hi." She waved at me with a big smile on her face. I gulped, frozen on my spot as I simply looked at her, seemingly starstruck. She looks so beautiful.

Others would rejoice upon finding out that it's their first life.

"My name is Lalisa Manoban, I was born on the 27th. You?" 27th? Then that means . . .

But because of her, I wished it was my last.

"I . . ." She paused and smiled at me. That smile that always loved to see. "I like you too, Jungkook."

At the same time, I was thankful.

"I'm grateful, very grateful." She looked up to the stars, then back to me. "I get to spend my last life with you."

Because I was born at the perfect time to meet her just before she leaves.

——𝗗 𝗜 𝗦 𝗖 𝗟 𝗔 𝗜 𝗠 𝗘 𝗥——

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, some places and incidents are products of the author's imagination and are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, places or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Copyright © 𝗟𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗚𝗨𝗞𝗦
All Rights Reserved 2021.

A/N:

I was writing a chapter for "Hello, Baby" when "Clouds" by Before You Exit suddenly played from my playlist and got me all emo, thus leading me to write this.

If any of you are unfamiliar with this, there was a "which life you're in" trend in my country with the same mechanics aforementioned. I couldn't help but notice how Jungkook's born on September 1, which means it's his first life, and Lalisa's born on March 27, which means she's on her ninth and last life.