『𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓』

Kian and Mare walked down the wretched hallway, wanting to turn around and dart with each step. The stench of mildew wafted about. Approximately ten yards away they watched a mouse hauled a dirty sock into a hole in the dusty, unpleasantly colored wall. Kian held down a gag as he started, "There was only one room, but don't worry the woman at the desk said there was enough room to sleep two."

          "Whatever, I want to get out as soon as we can. A tea party with Mister Rat and his friends doesn't sound all too fancy, in my opinion." Mare replied, not fond of being here in the first place.

          Mare grabbed her bag with her other hand, to be able to open the door. She walked in, not paying much attention. There was a repulsive bathroom, a closet with a broken doorknob, only one nightstand. Then, one of her worst nightmares came true. No couch, no hammock, no spare mattress. Only one bed.

Well, this is absolutely not happening. Mare tossed her bags on the nightstand and got to work. She grabbed two of the four pillows and threw them to the side of the room, then pulled a spare blanket out of her bag, along with a sheet that was in the corner of the room.

Kian stared at her with a puzzled face. He sat his bags down and leaned against the wall. "What are you doing? You're not sleeping in the floor."

"I know I'm not, you are." Mare winked as she shoved a final sheet at his chest.

Kian scoffed in response, "I'd rather not but thanks for the suggestion." he seriously could not fathom the amount of pride she had.

"It wasn't a suggestion, it was a command, now listen," she tilted her head, "Or see what happens. We're late to radio Váli, I don't have time for you to throw a fit." Mare looked at her watch, realizing she was far more later than she thought. Váli and her had agreed on 11:30 PM. It was 12:30 PM.

"And who exactly said you were in charge, Lustrum?" he scoffed, "Last time I checked, I was the most powerful of us both. So shouldn't I be the one calling the shots?"

"Me, that's who said I'm in charge. I don't need your recognition, Deviant. You have enough of an ego for the both of us." Mare threw at much spite into her words as she could muster.

"Just shut up already, I'm not thrilled either, but any girl back at the Societas would kill for this moment." Kian replied. He knew Mare was different than them, most girls back home would let Kian and his friends humiliate them to no end. Yet, Mare would never let anyone walk over her, without repercussion. Perhaps, that was what drew him to her in the first place. But he ruined what they had, what they could have had. His recent time with her had almost made him regret it, almost.

Mare walked over, took her shoes off and laid down. Ignoring Kian brought a new sense of joy to her life. She reached over and grabbed her bag and tried to get a radio signal.

"Come one you see this floor, not even the rats want to stay in here." Kian kicked a chunk of what he hoped was hardened mud. Mare said not a word in response, simply moving the antenna.

She wanted to curse Kian and tell him to sleep on the streets, but no one knows what could happen if they were separated. So when he timidly picked up the pillows and blankets and placed them as far from her as possible on the bed, she said not a word. Mare would love to argue with him for hours, but he was just as stubborn as she was.

"Wow, just ignoring me, I see." Kian hummed, unamused and twisted the blankets fabric in his hand. He reached over to flip a switch on the radio, but Mare slapped his hand away.