☾𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖑☾ 『𝖔𝖓𝖊』 ♔𝖛𝖔𝖗𝖓 𝖎𝖓 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖘♔

𝘁𝘄«𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱

«««««««««««six years later«««««««««««

Mare raised her Dao, using the leverage to spin it over her head and land it directly in the chest of her last opponent. The deep colored blood splattered on her face, but she had not a care in the world. This shows my hard work, she thought.

Spinning on her heel to face what she had accomplished, a proud smirk made its way onto her face. Her eyes scanned the dank basement littered with bodies of a local Resistere group, she felt pride and adrenaline pump through her veins. Mare put the Dao in its sheath that was strapped on her back, over her leather jacket and corset that had enough compartments to hold all her weapons.

Trudging her way up the stairs and out of the apartment complex, the glistening of a key caught her eye. She could get in trouble for this, but would stealing a motorcycle be such a pressing matter? It did not matter to her, as she swiped the keys jogging through the door and down the stairs.

Mare pondered her work on the now, thanks to the stolen bike, short trip back to the Societas. She was deemed the best of the Lustra, hence, why she was allowed on missions by herself. Sure, this was an accomplishment in the eyes of any leader at the Societas, but to her and the rest of the Deviants, she was an outcast. The Lustra were the lowest of the Deviants, the only reason they were hired—well, kidnapped some would say—was because they are immune to any powers of any Deviant. It did not make them powerful, the correct term would be resistant.

Mare always knew she was skilled—physically and academically—yet she was never enough in her own eyes. Being number one, self monitored missions, leading training sessions; all were close to perfection, but never close enough. She needed to prove more, to stop being put down, segregated.

Her next step to proving herself worthy, along with the other Lustra, would be going on a mission with a real Deviant. From the beginning of the Societas, the Deviants and the Lustrum were separated. It was written in the Protokollon that way. And punishment for not following the Protokollon, you may ask? Torture, then death.

Sounds like fun, Mare thought as she slowed to a stop at the gate of the Societas. She never noticed the beauty and detail of the structure; the twelve foot tall steel fence led to the cobblestone, warehouse-like structure. The Societas also had many miniature buildings that were all used for different tasks like training, experiments, and the largest of them all was where the leaders worked. Although, the main building was where lodging and meals took place.

"Hey, you better be careful! I did hard work to get that." Mare barked at the guard who wheeled the bike to the small garage labeled "Contaminated Item Purification". He simply shrugged and walked through the doors. I have to get that back for my next mission, she thought as she dropped her weapons on the conveyer belt that led into the garage where all objects were sent.

On missions, Mare was confident and brave. She was elegant with her weapons and and fighting style. She showed no mercy. This was the reason Cozbi picked her to be number one. She knew who she was and how she deserved to be treated, but that did not stop the rest of the Deviants from their snobby remarks and actions.

She walked through the large glass doors and went into the steam room. As soon as the steel doors that were just in front of the large, glass ones closed, she was met with warm steam spreading through her long, curly hair, then making its way down to her black combat boots that were covered in blood and mud. The rotating pipes pumped a constant flow of pressure, not missing an inch of her body.