"Charlotte, take Mila out for breakfast," said Erik. His tone was reeking of authority.

Ok, so this is Alpha Erik. I am not sure if I like him. 

The perspective of alone time with Charlotte wasn't something she looked forward to either and judging by the look on her face, neither did Charlotte.

"Come, tag along, Red Riding Hood," said Charlotte. The french inflexion in her voice made the sarsasm more obvious.

The situation was ambiguous. She didn't want to go. She wanted to stay and scream at Erik, but it seemed he had stuff to do and didn't feel like interacting with her in any way. Mila didn't want him to see her as a nuisance on top of everything else. 

Yeah, Mila, tag along with sexy, french she-wolf; let's see how it goes. As if Erik didn't shatter your self-esteem enough today.

Charlotte opened the passenger door of her car gesturing for her to get inside with a rude smirk and a head movement.

"Mademoiselle..."

"Thanks," said Mila reluctantly.

This is going to be fun-fun.

Charlotte and the five other wolves that were following them from the distance stopped in front of a luxury hotel in the center of Belgrad.

If Charlotte had something, that was an exquisite taste. That was what she exhaled from the way she looked, dressed in those tight leather pants and silk blouse, and her sleek black bob, to the way she spoke with that annoyingly sexy French accent. 

"What would you like to order, ladies?" asked the waiter eyeing Charlotte and totally ignoring Mila.

"Espresso and a tulumbe. Merci. And you?" asked Charlotte, looking at her without any trace of a smile.

"Hmm eggs and cheese and waffles, and a coffee with a lot of milk and sugar," said a very hungry Mila that didn't eat for many, many hours.

"You seem...  hungry..." 

"Yeah, very," said Mila ignoring the sarcasm.

After several minutes of eating surrounded by very awkward silence, Mila felt compelled to say something.

"Listen, I need a proper phone. Can that be arranged?"

"I don't know. I suppose... Doesn't Erik always give you what you want regardless if it is good for him or for anyone else?"

She couldn't ignore the bitterness in her voice.

"Why are you here? You and all the other guys."

"We have a little war going on, one that you helped come to life. You wouldn't be the first who does that though, he has a thing for trouble-maker. But a human..."

"What? A human what? If you have something to say grow a pair and just say it. Do you want to tell me how much better you are, or how much better his ex was? You are right. Are we done? You can screw him for all I care, but shut up and let me eat,"  snapped Mila, surprising even herself. Apparently, Charlotte just happened to suffer the release of her frustration.

Charlotte started laughing. It was a burst of somehow sincere laughter.

"You are brave, I give you that. You know I could break your spine like a toothpick and you still talk like that. You did gain a bit of my respect."

"No, he needs me to get that thing from Kiril, so you couldn't."

"But he is not here. Ups, I might have damaged the human toy." Her red-painted lips with the accentuated cupids bow stretched into a theatrical smile. She was so pretty. Mila felt a sudden, deep pang of jealousy.