Chapter Two Experimentation

Steven's POV:

There's not much I remember after the accident. I could feel people holding me, pulling me to an unknown location, to an unknown place. Before I know it I feel a bright light shine into my eyes. Slowly opening them I can hardly see what was going on, and who were these people. What did they want with me? They ran me off the road but at this moment I don't have much strength to do anything. My vision is going in and out but I can make out two figures, both dressed in white lab coats. A third is of what I could consider someone in a hazmat suit.

They notice my slight wake and before I could react I feel a pinch in my arm, everything goes black once more. When I wake again I'm surrounded by white walls. Almost like someone who would be in a padded cell in an insane asylum.

"Good, you're awake," a voice speaks over the intercom.

Finally I get my bearings, my vision growing clearer. "What do you want with me?" I ask whoever my captor is.

My cell door opens and here comes a man in a white lab coat. His hair was dark brown, short. His face was a bit sunken in and his eyes were a dark blue, his gaze pierced right through me, almost like he was studying me. "Why we just need your help, Steven," He responds with a toothy smile.

"Then why run me off the road?" I protest, my skin growing a bit pink. "You could've seriously hurt someone!"

He bowes his head slightly to me. "My apologies, my men who took you aren't exactly the asking type."

I stare at him pensively, "so what do you need help with?" I ask.

He grins, "simple we just need to run some tests and experiment slightly. It will be completely harmless I can promise you."

Unsure of whether I could believe him or not I didn't have much of a choice. I was still recovering from the accident. "Okay but first who are you?"

"Oh how rude of me, I'm Dr. Mercer the head scientist of this operation," He gestures me to follow him.

At first I'm hesitant, unsure of his intentions but I take a deep breath and stand up, walking out of my cell. I notice there's two guards dressed in a kind of military uniform with gas masks over their faces. Dr. Mercer leads me down of hard metalic stairs that led me down a short corridor. He pulled out his badge and scanned it against a device that had a door locked in front of it.

The door opened with a slight hum as Mercer guided me further into the facility. Off to my left other scientists are working with test tubes, but I swear my eyes deceived me and saw a corpse under a white blanket. I shake my head and turn my head forward.

"You see Steven, we created a drug we call Blacklight. It helps the human body heal faster than normal, their health excells Instead of declines, hell I'm sure it could cure cancer," He says which leaves me dumbfounded.