The God emissary of pain_3_Unnatural Selection

Esdeath had been a general in the Empire for quite a long time now. During her experience there, she encountered all kinds of people capable of anything even things that humanely unthought possible. Part of that experience was thanks to the power of the Imperial arms/Teigu or even the so-called Alchemy which the Empire had just managed to put their hands to research on. Luckily, she even managed to get her hands on the most practical Teigu she could get her hands on, the lifeblood of a high-level Danger Beast that lived in the North, the  Demon Extract. It was as if the Teigu had been waiting to be claimed by her and just as she expected, she was the one who got to dominate and managed to tame the power of the beast that tried to take over her mind. Thanks to her, Esdeath also acquired new skills in the practice of torture, which she so cherished. But now, all that power and dominance she always possessed was proving to be foiled by the threat she was now facing, the self-proclaimed God, Pain.

Northern tribes' territory

Esdeath gritted her teeth. She was sent crashing against the ground and the pain she felt from the sudden invisible attack at point-blank was almost unbearable. Almost... 

Esdeath took a moment to acknowledge the abrupt injury she had taken. 'What was that attack just now? Considering that he made no movement and that I'm confident in predict incoming attacks, there shouldn't be the possibility of an unforeseen attack. I couldn't perceive his intentions nor anyone else's in the vicinity either... He just pronounced a word and I was immediately repelled. What kind of power he was using? did it had something to do with those eyes...? It couldn't be a Teigu nor Shingu... She made sure to read every journal regarding the imperial arms of the ancient Empire had created so, there was no such a possibility of him being a Teigu user. The question was, 'How could he possess such ability without the use of Teigu?' She asked herself. She usually could count on her instincts to tell when she was being threatened by an enemy attack and counter whatever was thrown at her but this time, it simply happened. The attack came from no specified direction, it just did. That didn't make any sense it just shouldn't be possible. It was as if this man was the natural counterpart of her wild instincts.

 She took a brief moment to stare at the sky. It was pitch black from the dark clouds that covered it and the rain that was falling from it made her feel unease. It made her feel like she had not to place to hide. Raining in the north where it constantly snowed was an unnatural phenomenon. And since it started just when the man had made his appearance, surely it was his work much to her disbelief. She couldn't decide what was worse, the pain, this ever-present pressure that was being weighed on her not only by this infernal rain that was falling on the battlefield and was slowly melting whatever ice she was hoping to use as a geographic advantage or the one that was irradiating from this young man in front of her. It was a feeling she was experiencing for the very first time in her life. Used to be always the one that went for the hunt, now she got the feeling to be in presence of her predator. "Crack" She was sure that was the sound of her bones breaking.

"Hehe. I better not mess around..." She muttered a bit excitedly after feeling the pain of her broken bones spread through her body. She took a deep breath and brushed off the pain and cleaned off a few scratches while she got up off the floor. "That was a magnificent attack. It's not just anyone who gets me by surprise like that therefore, you have my praise, brave warrior. Tell me, what is your name?" She asked demandingly while pointing at the man with her rapier.

"Pain, the God that will bring a new age of peace to this insane world" The deva path answered with a stern expression on his face. The bold claim from the young man raised Esdeath's interest. The simple fact of a man giving himself such a lofty title amused her.