Grand Resurgence

"Sometimes You Must Hurt In Order To Know, Fall In Order To Grow, Lose In Order To Gain Because Life's Greatest Lessons Are Learned Through Pain."

_Pain_

"Akatsuki initiation...?" Asked Ieyasu, tilting his head in confusion. The others also held a confused expression. Upon seeing this reaction Pain closed his eyes and started his speech.

"You three must've already seen that this world is covered with wars and suffering. The reason can be seen later, conflict is part of human nature. I called you here today is to be part of the organization that will change this insane world"

"This is nice and all but, Pain sama we have our own objective, we want to gather money for our village. If you want help with anything, we will be glad to help since you're the one who saved our lives" Sayo spoke.

"As long as you're affiliated with Akatsuki you'll contribute to its goals. Once they are achieved, yours shall also be quickly fulfilled since our immediate mission will be merely financial anyway. However, Akatsuki's true goal is another which requires a large amount of money to be achieved"

"You make it sound like we'll be simple mercenaries". Tatsumi spoke a little annoyed.

"You still sound really confused then I'll explain everything to you. Akatsuki's final goal will be achieved in three stages. The first one is to make money whether by doing missions or by receiving the patronage of protecting a country under our flag the second one is to use that money to create the first true and strongest mercenary organization this world has ever seen"

"But how is that any different from what any country does? recruit soldiers, to go to other countries, do their job, and get paid? not forgetting to mention the taxes" Sayo asked remaining skeptical about the matter.

"You couldn't be more wrong. Let me explain to you what really means to be a soldier within a country. In these, large, powerful countries such as the Imperial Capital, you could say that they are in constant "business" because a lot of their income comes directly from the people of the capital and smaller countries and villages around it by taking various protection services and taxes they charge from the people beyond their borders enough to merit saying that they're the lifeblood of the country's economy. So for these countries to remain financially stable, they need war. But nowadays most of the tasks they take result only yo small skirmishes by sending some of their troops to another country to take control over it. Large destructive wars have all but disappeared. Bigger countries are in no real danger. They usually have noble rich families both in and outside the country such as the one you've assassinated the other day to help them keep a large portion of that country's military power. However, that's not how it works for smaller countries and villages. They pay taxes that are given to their king or the Emperor in exchange for their protection. Heh... it's ironic because not even that they're doing properly these past years from what I've seen so far. What I've seen is, abusive taxes that continue to expand and soldiers that are letting down the defense of the villages leaving them open to external attacks from thieves even the soldiers raid the villages and take everything from them. Some of these bandits are even contracted by the Capital itself as a cheap workforce. They're all nothing but corrupt scum". Pain said while opening his eyes giving a look of disgust. Tatsumi and the other two seemed to have felt a shiver from his intense gaze but then, Tatsumi remembered something.

"Wait! Our village taxes continue to rise for no reason given! if it wasn't for our efforts, we could have starved! so that's why! the Imperial Capital is part of the reason why we've been passing through such difficulties! we wanted to find work in the army to help save our poor hometown who is living in poverty but now that I know this...". Tatsumi clenched his fist with rage. His friends also felt the same resentment Tatsumi was feeling towards the Capital.