CHAPTER -52

After breakfast,we went shopping dressed in hoodies and masks on so that no one would recognise Stefan and just mob him in the store.I bought a really ethnic and a gorgeous suit for this party.I could have borrowed one of the dreses from the girls but I really want dress up in some Indian traditional style.

It was around 7 in the evening and Stefan and Eva were already ready.The girls helped me in doing my hair and make up.I pulled my hair into a loose bun and kept the make up as light as possible confined only to my eyes.I got smoked eyes,a little eyeliner and mascara,a maroon lipstic complementing my dress.

I got smoked eyes,a little eyeliner and mascara,a maroon lipstic complementing my dress

"You look badass",Stefan commented as soon as he saw me.

"Thanks",I smiled.
"Let's go,I guess I kept you guys waiting."

"You were worth the wait though",he whispered to me.

"So I never knew you had friends",I said as all of us were now seated in Stefan's car with him in the driver's seat,me in the passenger seat and Eva was at the back.

"I went to highschool with him,we had common interests in music.He is the lead guitarist in my band and I wrote most of the album with him and he was always there for me...you know when I screwed every time",he chuckled.

"That's cool",I said.

We were at the venue in 20 minutes and there were only a few people,I guess only close ones were invited. I think I'll ba getting to meet more of Stefan's friends here.Soon we were greeted by John,in his elegant maroon suit.He hugged Stefan the moment he saw him and if I'm not wrong,he whispered something in Stefan's ear.

"John,she is Kritika",Stefan introduces me and then I exchange a handshake with him.

"I have been waiting to meet you for so long. He speaks of you all the time",he said smiling.

"And here is my little princess Evangeline Rose",Stefan says patting Eva's head.

"OMG!she is a photocopy of yours, isn't it?",he said and pecks Eva on her forehead.

"Is there anything I could do?",Stefan asks him.

"Not in the moment.Get your lady some drinks until then",John said and trailed off.

"Listen,Alice is here", Stefan whispered low in my ears.

"What?"

"She is friends with the bride's family.I think Eva should meet her",he said sceptically.

"I guess",I said not knowing what to say.

"Keep your distance from her",he warned me.

"Princess,mum is here.Let's go see her",Stefan said kneeling down to.her level.

"You stay here.I'll be right back",he kissea my cheek and disappears.

Eva's eyes twinkled at the mention of her mother and I'm glad that she is getting to meet her after so long and it's also strange about how Alice never calls to check on her daughter unlike my mother who calls me atleast 5 times in a day to check on her who is in a whole other continent with her boyfriend.

Stefan's pov

The last thing I wanted now was to keep my daughter around her.She is just not the right person to be with and she might poison Eva against me and she also has bad eyes on Kritika.If she happens to use her dirty tricks on Kri,I'm just gonna scoop those large eyes out of her skull.

"Mommy",Eva almost jumped at Alice from behind.

"Oh my god,Sweetie.,I didn't know you were here",she said turning to her.
"Thanks for bringing her Stefan ",she faked her fakest smile

"Never mind.I'm just gonna leave her here to hang out with you and get her back before leaving this place",I said and stormed out of the sick ambience.

Alice's Pov

"Darling,I missed you so much",I hugged her once again.

"I missed you too",she said.
"Why do you never call?"

"You see I'm a busy woman and that is why you are with Stefan who mostly works from home",I said as I saw a handsome man that I had previously eyed on approaching me.

"Hey,Alice right?",he said and we exchanged a handshake.

"Yeah,and you're Ben.Nice to meet you",I said.

"Momma,can you take me to the washroom",Eva pulled my gown.

"Wai..

"Alice,I can't believe you have a daughter",he said.

"No.She is Stefan's daughter and I guess she is mistaken.So what were you saying",I quickly diverted the topic.

Stefan's pov

John and Kritika are really getting along well with each other.I was enjoying the wine and Kritika wouldn't drink.Knowing that my daughter is with that bitch,I just couldn't stop drinking and it is getting me so paranoid and insecure.

"Stefan you should'nt drink anymore",Kri said breaking her conversation with John.

"Yes man,you 've had enough of that shit",John said.

"Yes,but I can't help myself while Eva is out there with her so called 'mother'.

"Not anymore.Eva is coming here", Kritika said pointing in the other direction.

"Thank god",I sighed.

"Stefan,I need to go to the washroom",she said looking straight into my eyes.

"Yeah,sure princess",I said taking her into my arms.

I wouldn't let her alone in the restroom because she might lock herself in,so I just let myself in and once she was done,I helped her in doing her pants.

"Eva,is everything alright?Did you enjoy with mum?",I tried to pick up a conversation.

"Yeah",she said nonchalantly.

"Okay but where is she?",I said darting my eyes all over the place but she was nowhere to be found.

"I wanna go to Kritika",she said bluntly.

"Okay fine".

As soon as she spotted Kritika,she ran to her and wrapped herself around her legs and Kritika was surely taken aback.She immediately took Eva into her arms but Eva wouldn't look at her,she burried her head on Kri's shoulder and was not speaking a word.

"Eva,what's wrong?",Kritika and I asked for the 5th time.

"Stefan,I think we should take her home",Kritika said.

"Yes,but where is Alice and what happened...,Kritika sushhed me preventing me from picking that sensitive topic.

"The last time I saw her,she was with Ben",John said.

"Stefan,I'll drive", Kritika said snatching the keys from my pocket.

"Princess,speak up.Why are you so upset?Is anything wrong?",I asked for the nth time.

"Stefan put her to sleep,we can talk about it tomorrow",Kritika said.