CHAPTER-15

Boosting my confidence

Stefan's pov

"Sir,you don't look good...Are you alright?",asked Clara my assistant.

"No actually....I'm not okay I'm freaking out.My hands are getting shaky and sweaty and  I'm not in my right mind and have got no idea how I'm gonna perform",I said.

"Sir I'll get your tablets,have some water",Clara suggested.

"Yes please or I'll freak out completely and ruin the concert",I said wiping the drops of persperation off my forehead.

"Sir you are not ready yet and what about your outfits?",Clara said handing me over a glass of water.

"Outfits are the least of my concern now,I'm not sure if I'm gonna perform well or if I'm gonna stay well enough to perform....fuck this anxiety it's killing me mentally.....Can you call my mom please?",I asked.

"Sir but there are only 20 minutes left for your performance....you gotta change,set your hair and settle your mind I guess we don't have enough time to talk to anyone",she said genuinly worried.

"Call her right now or I can't perform",I said.

"Hey Stefan",a very sweet and familiar voice hit my ears from behind.

"Kritika",I got overwhelmed.
I don't know which sort of magic this girl carried with herself that everytime she gets me high,makes me smile and drives me absolutely crazy.I needed her the most at this moment and there she is wearing her charming smile which was certainly having a massive impact on me.

"Look I'm sorry that I'm late but here is your kurta,put it on soon and get onto the stage.Quick.We have only 15 minutes left",she said handing me over a bag.

"Thanks",I said and wore that absolutely ethnic black shimmer kurta over my tee shirt not caring to take it off.

"It will look fine with black jeans",she suggested.

"Sir it's your mom",Clara walked from the other side with my mom on the phone screen.

"Hey mom I'm going on stage now wish me luck",I said smiling.

"Good luck sonshine,you set it on fire",my mom sweetly winked.

"Mom look I'm wearing Indian today,how do I look?",I walked a little away from the camera.

"Yes,I was wondering.....you look perfect Stef".

"Here is my new friend Kritika and she got me this kurta",I said pulling Kritika by her hand into the frame.

"Hey Mrs.Wilson", Kritika greeted my mom with a warm smile."Nice to meet you".

"Good to see you and Stefan this friend of yours is the prettiest of all",she said teasing me.

"Yes definitely,she is infact the prettiest",I retorted and smirked.

"Sir you are getting late,it's time to get to the back stage",Clara interpreted.

"Mom gotta go,I'll catch you up later",I disconnected the call.
"Okay Kritika it's getting late,see you after stage",I said and gave her a slight hug placing a little peck on her cheek and obviously leaving Clara astonished.

There was some technical issue so I was waiting at the backstage smoking.

"Hey Stefan", Kritika's voice popped from nowhere.

"Hey",I dropped the cigarette and smashed it with my foot.

"I'm sorry for this short notice but can we have an interview right after the concert?",she asked politely.

"Yeah sure".

My performance went super well,I could tell that my fans were amused at my appearance and I owe this to Kritika.She is someone who carries magic with her and what happened today was no less than a miracle.I was freaking out at one moment but when I saw her,it was like some sort of confidence booster and I was relieved and completely fine. On the other hand I'm guilty cause she saw me smoking.....not that it is uncommon but I don't smoke in front of people I care and plus it's not cool but for me it's something that I wanted before any stage performance.

"Sir,Kritika is that journalist right?How do you happen to know her?",Clara asked as she tried to unbutton my kurta.

"Yeah we stayed in the same hotel and we somehow bonded",I said trying to sound nonchalant.

"I suppose she is your new fling plus she is cute",Clara said winking her eye.

"We are just friends and I don't look at  her that way so shut up".

"Okay there is no harm thinking twice sir".

"She is not someone to have your fling with but she is the person who deserves true love",I said pulling Clara closer and locking my lips tightly onto hers.
......................................................................
Happy New Year!!!
❤️❤️❤️