Chapter 13: Kanato's Past (Part 2)

Still Author's POV

A doctor rushed through the crowd to pick little Azusa up. He carried him back to Kanato and Azusa's home. Their parents was extremely worried while the doctor was examining Azusa.

Kanato stood there, watching Azusa. He felt slight guiltiness welling up in his body but he wanted to forget everything.

"I'm sorry, but his wrist is damaged. I'm afraid he can no longer use his right hand" the doctor said and their parents began to cry.

A few days passed and Kanato was walking to the market again. Azusa came up to him and said "can I come with you?".

For once, Kanato looked at Azusa. "What about your wrist?" Kanato asked. "Well, even though I can't paint again...I will never give up on my dream. So ive been practicing using my left hand to paint instead" Azusa said while smiling.

Kanato was surprised by Azusa's determination but kept quiet. "Im sorry..." Kanato apologized. "Its okay, I know I'm annoying but I love you very much, big brother!" Azusa said and hugged Kanato.

Kanato decided to hug back and thought 'he nearly lost his dream because of me...I shouldn't have left him alone...its all my fault.....I nearly crushed his dream....and he still loves me....even though I've been such a jerk to him'.

Kanato felt tears threatening to poir out and Azusa then said "Please don't cry.....it makes me sad too".

But the bitter part was that 'Kanato could only remember so much....Kanato couldnt remember what had happened to Little Azusa after that but he knew that Azusa was no longer in his life. His wish had finally come true....but at what cost?

Let me know what you think of Kanato's past. Do you like it?

(A/N: i know this chapter is very short but I decided to end the chapter where the flashback ends. And yes, I took some of the idea from Hansol's side story but I changed some of it too)