VegasPete | Chapter 8 [R18+]

Start from the beginning

"It's okay. I'm fine." I stiffened. I knew I should still follow him, shouldn't resist nor be stubborn, but my mouth still refused.

"Take your pills," said Vegas in a normal tone. So I took the water and drank it after taking the medicine in my mouth, swallowing it. After Vegas made sure I did it, he went to turn off the air conditioner. Then he went straight to the balcony, opened the curtains wide, and slid the glass door open.

"Maybe you stayed in this air-conditioned room for too long? I'm going to get you a fan," said Vegas before he walked out of the bedroom.

I looked at him with such confusion. What was wrong with him? He's been too kind lately. He wasn't getting annoyed or angry with me at all. It was weird! He was so nice now, as if he was a white-clad young saint. It's like, I'm in another world. It was weird. It was very weird.

The bastard Vegas walked back in carrying a tall, black fan. He placed it by the foot of the bed and plugged it in before turning it on. He went up and laid on the bed, the back of his head leaning against the headboard as he placed his laptop over his stomach. Then, he beckoned for me to come over.

"..." Did I have a choice? I didn't want to get too close. I wanted to be like the way Porsche acted with Kinn who would put his foot down and always shouted out loud, 'No, I'm not going!' I would imagine doing it. But could I really do it? Of course not. So instead, I sullenly went forward and crawled to the bed. I sat crossed-legged, facing him and staring at him with eyes that were asking what he wanted.

"Come to bed." Vegas pulled my arm to lean towards him.

"You want me to sleep? I just woke up," I said, trying to push his hand away.

"The medicine you took is sleep-inducing. You'll get sleepy in a moment." Vegas kept pulling me towards him.

"I already know that. Why are you pulling my arm?" Despite that, a part of me was telling myself not to resist. Even so, I tensed every time he touched my body. I felt like a reserved young woman. He made me feel like I was a fourteen-year-old girl.

"Don't be stubborn. I told you come here." When he said that, I panicked a little. I was afraid that my plan would fail. Don't forget, Pete! You need to be boring. Whatever he says, just follow him.

"I'm sick," I repeated, in case it would pass by quickly, even though I knew it won't. It was just a heavy cold. Who was missing me so much?

"Come here!" Vegas tugged at me once more until my face met his chest. He hurriedly adjusted his arm to wrap around me, moving me until it looked like I was leaning on him as if he was a pillow. Goosebumps!

"What do you want to watch?" Vegas moved his hand that wasn't hugging me. He opened a folder in his laptop where there was more than ten movies saved inside.

"Wait, what?" I tilted my head and went for a closer look at the screen. My eyes sparkled as if I had found something precious. "W-will you show me a movie?" I asked excitedly, forgetting how tensed I was just a while ago laying on top of him like this.

"Yeah. But I saved all of these and this isn't connected to the internet."

"I know." I said without looking at him as he went back to the laptop and continued to scroll through the movie list. I finally had something entertaining to do! I felt like a caveman who just discovered light and sound. I didn't feel like a civilized man without any movies or TV shows to watch.

I was so enthusiastic about choosing a movie that I unconsciously placed my chin on Vegas' stomach. Even as the bastard Vegas reached up and lightly brushed my hair, I didn't curse him in my head. At the moment, I was just focused on the screen.