"Cari, I cannot think of anyone more qualified to be my princess."

She didn't know about that. The last thing she wanted was to be in the spotlight. That though, was what being royalty was. Cari had always been content being an unknown, now that was all in the past. As he took her into his arms, she lost her will to argue.

It felt like heaven, being in his arms. A shelter she hadn't had for too long. He held her like he'd never let go, close. Gentle, with the right amount of strength to let her know she was precious. She held on as hard as she could, afraid to let go, to lose him.

If only things would remain like that. She knew they had to part soon, go their separate ways. Even if it'd be for a little while it hurt. After more than a week of being together the thought of parting was like losing a vital part of her.

"I just wish we didn't have to sleep separately." Andre said as he rested his forehead against hers.

"Yes." Her reply was almost lost to the night.

"I'll be thinking of you through the night." She kept her eyes glued. "Remembering how beautiful you looked this morning."

"Andre!" She protested.

"You were delectable." He whispered before placing a kiss to her neck.

Cari moaned, her body softening against his. "Andre," she moaned, "We can't."

"Just a little taste."

His hands shaped her body, softly mapping her with reverence. As her body moved against his with sensuality her hands found their way under his shirt. Their lips met in a hard almost desperate kiss that had them both losing any sense of time. While it was impossible to be closer, they somehow managed it.

"Okay break it up." A voice intruded and they startled apart like a pair of kids caught stealing some sugar.

"Uncle Dan!" Cari was embarrassed to be caught making out.

"The last thing either of you needs is Claire claiming you caused her to have a miscarriage."

She frowned. "She wouldn't lose her baby would she?"

Her uncle and Andre exchanged a look she couldn't decipher. "Her pack doctor said she came close to it this morning." Her uncle informed, though there was a note in his voice that seemed to doubt the news.

All the blood left her face. She'd come close to causing her sister to lose her child. "No!"

"Care bear, while I love your sister, I know her well enough to doubt she's in as much danger as she claims."

"Not you too uncle Dan! Claire can't be that bad. I mean she must have loved Xander to want him that much."

"Which doesn't excuse her." He stated. "But it's more than that. You know I can always see the truth of anyone." It was their turn to give each other meaningful looks. "It didn't seem right to tell any of you how much she lied when you couldn't sense it but now it's different."

He came to take her hands into his, Andre moved until he stood behind her in support. "Care bear, you have to be careful until you leave. As much as it hurts me to say, I have no doubt Claire will try to get Andre back. Even if it means hurting you."

She shook her head, tears filling her eyes. A part of her believed him, deep down where she could never lie to herself but most of her couldn't. Why would her own twin hate her that much? She'd never done anything to her.