Prologue

I am probably the happiest person in the whole wide world! Everything is perfect, school life, family life, work life, everything is just wonderful!

I was currently at a cafe with my best friend, I had met her in middle school and we instantly clicked as we both had positive and friendly energy.

"Y/n, you should get a boyfriend! You KNOW every guy in school likes you!" My friend, Jieun, had giggled.

"I don't need a boyfriend, my life is perfect without one." I smiled.

"Oh come on! Your life would be complete with a lover." She teased.

"I'm good" I chuckled lightly.

I check the time on my watch and got up off my chair quickly.

"I gotta go help with the restaurant early today, see you tomorrow!" I waved goodbye to her before leaving the cafe.

I arrived at the restaurant and entered. It was a normal Korean family owned restaurant with tons of traditional dishes and even original homemade dishes which made the restaurant do so well.

"Sweetie can you help bring these to table 4?" She handed me a bunch of plates before I even answered.

I happily took the plates and brought them to the table. I hopped to the back counter to get my apron, I was quite energetic today!

"Y/n can you go get more tissues in the back? Table 3 ran out." My mother asked.

"Yep!" I quickly ran to the back storage to get another box of tissues.

But I then suddenly heard a scream coming from outside.

I sprinted out to find two men dressed in black with masks on, one locking the door and the other holding a gun up to my mother.

"Let go of her!!" I screamed even though I could've gotten killed.

"Sure." The man pushed her away and grabbed my arm instead, pointing the gun onto my head.

I trembled and shook nervously, holding my hands up as a sign of submission and surrender.

"Give me all the money you've got." The man said, letting me go slowly but still pointing the gun onto my temple.

I slowly walk towards the cash register and popped it open. I hesitated. This is the money my parents earned, breaking their backs to provide for me.

"GIVE ME THE MONEY!" The man demanded while shoving the gun to my head.

My hands shook as I grasped the money from the cash register and handed it to him.

I look towards my parents to see the other man also holding a gun towards all the customers and my parents. The robber who was further away from me, glanced towards me to see if I had already given the money to his 'friend' yet.

But his eyes soon widened.

"Wait wait! Stop! That's his girl! It's Y/n!!!" The robber took the gun from the one in front of me.

"What?!" The man who has been pointing a gun at me looked at me closer.

"Sht! He's going to murder me!" The two men gave the money back and ran out of the restaurant.

What just happened???