~ Chapter Four ~

En başından başla

“Go back to bed, Deb, ” Serena spoke, passing her wife as they changed spots in the room.

“Mama, ” Olivia whimpered, her voice hoarse from crying and screaming.

“Shh, it’s all gonna be okay, ” Serena cooed, cradling her daughter’s head to her shoulder.

“I need to go home, ” Olivia whimpered, “I need to go back to the city. I can’t stay out here. I need to have my space to grieve and I need something to keep myself occupied.”

“Stay, ” Serena whispered, “get some sleep, and we can revisit you going back to the city once you’ve cleared your mind.”

“Fine, ” Olivia huffed, wiggling out of Serena’s arms.

Olivia climbed back into bed and curled up. She was so tired at that point she practically slipped right to sleep. Serena stood in her daughter’s doorway for several moments and watched her oldest child sleep. She knew that having kids would be hard, and she knew they’d be around long after eighteen, but she couldn’t have ever predicted her baby girl would still need her at thirty-four. Olivia was always very independent growing up, but it was clear to Serena and now Debra that something had changed in the last twelve years she’d been in the city on her own.

///

Olivia woke up in the early afternoon to an empty house, both of her mothers were out, so Olivia took her chance to escape. She changed and got into her car, her only destination being the city. She got home about an hour after leaving her mom’s house and made her way into her apartment. She was drained emotionally and physically, but that didn’t stop her from putting herself to work. She began cleaning everything in sight, even if it wasn’t dirty, solely in hopes to keep her mind off Elliot.

Where did this tie come from? Olivia questioned, picking up a royal blue tie off the floor of her bedroom. The mystery man from the bar, Olivia chuckled thinking back to yesterday morning. Very quickly, it was like a switch in her brain flipped. She pulled open her closet door and reached to the back, finding her skimpiest dress. 

I’m not going to sit here and let him destroy me. I’m not going to sit here and mull over a man who clearly doesn’t love me. I’m going to pick up the pieces, pull myself together, find me a piece of ass, and rip the band-aid of pain off. I’m done letting him control my life, especially if he doesn’t wanna be in it anymore.

Olivia showered and got dressed up. She painted her face in darker shades of make-up than her go-to colors, she painted her nails black, curled her hair, and slipped into a sexy black dress. The short satin fabric reached her mid-thigh, and the slit on her hip barely covered the sexy thong she’d put on. She grabbed a small purse and left her apartment without another thought of Elliot crossing her mind.

///

“Hello gorgeous, ” a man spoke, sitting on the stool beside Olivia’s

Olivia rolled her eyes before looking at the man, “hello, ” she chimed cheerfully.

“The names Alex, what’s yours?”

Olivia looked him over before responding, “Olivia, ” she smiled.

“Nice to meet you, Olivia. Now tell me, what is a girl like you doing in a place like this?”

“I had a bad day, ” Olivia sighed, sipping on her whiskey.

“Ah, so, how does a guy like me get a girl like you?” Alex questioned with a hundred-watt smile.

“You can start by filling my drink, ” Olivia teased.

Alex filled Olivia’s drink and the two sat and talked until closing time. The bartender had them stay long after the last call, and it was clear they’d be leaving together. Olivia and Alex ended up on her couch with his head between her thighs. Olivia shook from orgasmic bliss before Alex let go for air.

“You okay?” He questioned softly.

“Yeah, so how do I get you to do that again, ” Olivia giggled shyly.

“The orgasm or the tongue thing?”

“Either would be appreciated.”

“Have a condom?” Alex questioned, unbuckling his pants.

“Oh yeah, ” Olivia smiled, she threw her legs over the edge of the couch and quickly walked to her bathroom.

Alex followed her into the bedroom and watched her pull a condom from a drawer. Olivia pulled the package open and rolled the condom on his very large member. Once the rubber was in place Alex pushed Olivia down, bending her over the bed. He wasted no time pinning her hands above her head with one hand. He guided himself into Olivia and the rest of the night was history.

Olivia awoke the next morning to the light in her face, she was alone in bed, but she knew that wasn’t how it went down last night. She sat up and found a note scribbled on the pillow beside her. He’d thanked her for the sex and locked the door behind himself. I’ve really gotta stop bringing random men back to my apartment, Olivia laughed. She had to get out of this self spiraling cycle and she knew the best way to do it was going to be to go back to work and act like nothing ever happened.