[15] Fate doesn't ask what you want, fate knows what's best, even if you don't

Depuis le début

I shake my head and wash those thoughts away. That was all in the past, all in a story that's already been told. There's no point in dwelling on it, especially not right now, when there is a semi alarming possibility that I just killed someone.

My feet forse me forward until I walk through the hall and find myself standing in an old and dusty looking room.

"Ow," I hear someone groan to the right.

As I turn my eyes over to him, a frown finds my face.

"Oh, it's just you." I exclaim.

He sits up slowly and slightly adjusts his glasses. "Just me? What, you were just waiting for an opportunity to throw me through a solid wall?"

I lean down slightly and offer out a hand. "No Scott, but I probably would feel a whole lot worse right now if I accidentally hurled some innocent little kid into another room."

We both stand still for a moment, my hand just sitting out in the wind. I nearly yank it back and just continue on my way. After all, he seems unharmed and if he chooses not to forgive me then it's not as if I'd care. Before I can make a move though, his hand clasps against mine and he begins to stand.

For some strange reason, the heat of his hand in mine really sticks out to me. It's almost like a warm fire burning in an ice cold forest. For a moment, it feels like my problems have whisked away and all I see is light. But just like any fire, the realization of it's imminent danger and destruction comes quickly and the moment he's fully on his feet, I turn away.

"Wait, where are you going?" He calls, causing me to send him a glance.

"Um, to class." I state. "I know you just hit your head, but this is a school."

To my surprise, he laughs a little at that. Almost as if I was making some kind of joke.

"I meant where are you going in such a hurry? I thought maybe...I don't know, we could talk?" He suggests, walking to my side.

I just sigh and continue down the hall. "We talked yesterday, right?"

"Well yeah but-"

"So we got all of the talking out of the way," I say. "Now you can go off and hang out with people you actually wanna hang out with."

He furrows his brow at that. "What if I want to hang out with you?"

I'm caught slightly off guard by that and my eyes can't help from widening. My shock only lasts for a moment though. It only takes me a few seconds to see past his words, I don't even have to use my abilities to see through the lie.

"Okay, whatever you say, Scotty." I smirk. "You know, you don't have to be nice to me anymore. I helped you out and now you don't need me. I get it. For both of our sakes though, you should probably stop pretending like that isn't all we were to each other."

He frowns and stops in his tracks. It's pathetic really, the way he acts like what I said hurt him, as if it wasn't all true. Hates a strong word that I tend to use in the incorrect context. Something I really do hate though is facades. Maybe that's why I don't enjoy television very much. After all, it is just a bunch of people lying on a screen in front of thousands of people. I've gotta admit though, Scotts a pretty good actor. If I didn't know any better, I might even say my words saddened him...fortunately though, this isn't my first time being tricked.

He eventually takes a breath. "I don't know if you're just having a bad day or something but stop taking out whatever it is on me. I thought you said you wanted to be my friend."

"Things change..." I mutter.

Scott scoffs. "Alright, whatever. Just know that if anyones acting differently, it's you. So if you shake this all off later, I'll still be available to talk."