Flowers and notes

"Could you step back a little bit?" Cameron asked, Hotch tilted his head with confusion.

"It's just a little hard to... uh, concentrate on anything other than you right now with you so close, sorry" she couldn't help her awkward chuckle as blush roamed her cheeks that he spotted in the plexy glass.

He stepped closer and gave a deep, breathy laugh that made the back of her neck tingle "is that better?"

"No actually, I don't know if you realise but you've gotten closer" she laughed.

"How about this?" His hands glided down her shoulders, following her arms that were outstretched and holding the gun where his hands landed on hers.

She couldn't help enjoying the feeling of him behind her, crouching down to whisper in her ear as he corrected her positioning and gently stroked the back of her hand with his thumb.

"Now aim, look down the barrel, take a breath, hold it and-"

"Follow through" she finished his sentence in a whisper she wasn't sure why she spoke in but the tension tingling through her from him so close to her without being able to touch him made her almost lose her breath.

"Follow through" he whispered back and wrapped her finger on the trigger.

She pulled it, feeling her shoulder hit back slightly into Hotch from the stronger handgun than she had been training with firing but he didn't move from behind her.

She didn't even process that she had hit on target before she got overtaken by the feelings from Hotch's lips close to her ear as he whispered praise;

"Good girl."

She almost melted into his arms in that moment, his breath on her neck, his body against hers, his words that made her want to throw herself at him, his scent dancing through her nose but he stood back up and placed his hands on her shoulder.

"Now, let's go get ready for the physical training-" he went to fall back into his natural professional work demeanour despite there not being anyone around this early in the morning on a Sunday at the gun range in the basement of the FBI office.

Cameron's lips on his interrupted him and urged a smile onto them as he went to wrap his arms around her waist but she stepped back with an apology.

"S-sorry, that was stupid of me, someone could have seen and-"

He pulled her back to him, one hand placed on the small of her back and one at the base of her head before they parted slightly, almost breathless as she looked up at him.

"That's not very professional agent Hotchner" she chuckled, he let himself laugh as he stepped back and followed their usual route out of the gun range to the gym area that had a few people training it so they stood farther away from each other.

They had been training for Cameron's exams for almost two months alongside the cases, Hotch helping her study for her profiler exam, improve her gun work and get ready for the defence and tactical exam which she was still having trouble with since it required violence.

They had spent almost every day together, whether at work or at home and were both surprised at how they didn't want to be away from one another given how independent they both naturally were.

But the last 6 weeks had been a whirlwind of bliss and laughter, easy conversations, late nights in each other's arms, early mornings before work spent with Jack who enjoyed Cameron being around a lot more than Hotch had anticipated and was always pleasantly surprised to see him getting on with her so well.