Brave

The team watched as Cameron and Morgan left the station on an assignment, laughing and chatting closely together like usual.

"They've gotten close" Rossi, the well-known resident gossip and stirrer of the team, commented as he flicked through his files.

"I think it's nice, they would make beautiful babies" Garcia, who never normally came on cases but was called to help out with this one, smiled and continued typing.

"Guys they're just laughing together, it doesn't mean they're in some kind of secret relationship" Emily laughed before pausing, "wait- you don't think they are, do you?"

Rossi looked around and shrugged, "I don't know, they do seem to be spending a lot of time together and given Hotch's strict rules it does make sense if they were to hide it."

"You're all forgetting that in order for that to happen Morgan would have to be someone who gets into relationships" JJ joked, Reid shifting awkwardly in the corner of the room at the conversation which he didn't want to get involved in.

"Has anyone seen Johnson?" Hotch walked into the room.

"She just left for her assignment with Morgan - why?" Rossi asked.

"She went on an assignment with Morgan?"

Rossi nodded, confused at Hotch's tone and slight clench to his already tightened jaw.

"Okay- let me know when they get back, is everyone okay with their assignments?" He asked with a clear disinterest to his voice.

"Actually Hotch I-" Reid started.

"Good, get to work everyone" Hotch dismissed abruptly, already out of the room.

"What's his deal lately?" Emily shook her head.

"I guess since Cameron hasn't been messing up as much he has no one to take out his strictness on so it's shared with us" Rossi chuckled, checking the time on his watch that told him the witnesses he was interviewing would be here soon.

"Hey- could someone call Morgan and remind him that we have a interview at the prison to see if that guy gets a pardon or not?" Emily stood up, Reid nodded and called Morgan on speaker phone.

"Hey pretty boy" Morgan answered from the car, Reid explaining what Emily said soon after rolling his eyes.

"Oh shit- is that today?"

"Language!" Garcia called out.

"Sorry baby girl" Morgan chuckled, the team hearing the mic mute for a few moments.

"Morgan?"

"I'm here, sorry just had to check something- I'll be back in time, what time is it at?"

"It's in half an hour so we should leave now- where are you? I couldn't catch you before you guys rushed out" Emily said.

"Shit, okay Cam- wait-" Morgan said before muting the call again to talk to Cameron who was presumably in the car.

"Why does he keep muting us?" Reid asked with confusion.

"Maybe they're making out" Rossi teased before making kissy noises, Reid rolling his eyes again.

"Sorry about that guys- yeah I'm on my way now Emily, can someone come do this assignment with Cam for the case?" Morgan unmuted the call.

"I'll go" a voice called from the door who the team didn't realise had been there listening; Hotch.

"Are you sure Hotch? It's just a follow up and a few interviews with people to make sure we can cross them off as suspects- just busy clean-up work" Morgan said.