" 𝐇i and welcome to Dinah's Dinner, I'm Soleil and I'll be your waitress today. What can I get you guys?" she asked as she took her notepad out.

As the couple told her their order, she nodded and went to the kitchen to tell the cook what they ordered . But she couldn't help but to feel off about something.

Brushing her thoughts off once she heard her name being called to retrieve the couple's order. She placed the plates on her tray and started walking toward their table.

She placed each plate in front of them and excused herself saying that she'll be back with their drinks.

She then placed the drink in front of them and told them to call anybody if any problems, before taking her lunch break.

Soleil would usually spend her lunch break in the break room that was in the back, eating something that she cooked during the week.

But she was busy all week and worked til late at night so she didn't have any time to cook. She then decided to go to the corner store that was down the street to get a sandwich and something to snack on.

As she walked to the back to get her stuff, her phone rang instantly grabbing her attention. She took it from her back pocket and looked at the caller ID before answering.

" Hi daddy" she greeted her father as soon as the line went through, putting her jean jacket on.

" Wassam princess? Whea' you goin'?" he asked, noticing her getting somewhat dressed.

" I'm bouta go get something to eat. I didn't cook anything this week" she answered as she left the dinner to go down the street.

" You can't call a Uber or sum?" he asked trying to see her background through the screen.

" Daddy why you want me to call a Uber when the store is literally down the street?" she looked at him weirdly.

Just as her father was about to respond, she bumped into a cold chest making her phone fall out her hands.

" I'm sorry" she quickly apologized bending down to get her phone, but the other person already beat her to it.

" You straight love, jus' watch whea' you goin' next time" he gave her the phone walking away.

Soleil was so caught up watching him walk away that she didn't even hear her father call her name.

" Soleil Angeline Harper you betta' answer me right tha' fuck now" he snapped making her come back to reality.

" My bad, I dropped my phone" she apologized as she walked in the store.

" Mhm an' you needa' come an' see ya' motha'. She keeps buggin' me about you forgettin' about ha'. You betta' come get ha' fore' I rock her in ha' shit"

" Why is you so mean?" she frowned. "Don't play with my mama" she shook her head, she grabbed a Lipton Ice Tea and a chicken sandwich.

" Ian' mean, I'm blunt" he corrected.

" Every hood nigga favorite line" she mumbled as she stood in line.

" Fuck you said?" he asked cupping his ear.

" I didn't say anything big boss" she chuckled.

That was what Soleil liked the most about her relationship with her father. He treated her more like a bestfriend and she loved it. If she ever was in trouble or needed someone to talk to, she knew that her father would always be down for the talk. Whatever the topic was.

It was now Soleil's turn to pay, so she dropped her items on the counter and got her wallet out to pay.

" $5.45, cash or card?"

" Cash" she answered giving him ten dollars.

She retrieved her bag and change before leaving the store.

" What you get?" he asked as he watched her walk away from the store.

" I got a sweet tea and a chicken sandwich" she answered as she looked down at her phone.

" You still got dat nasty ass sweet tea?" he scrunched his face up.

" Olee dad don't do that" she laughed entering the dinner and letting the heat roam around her body. " I'm finna call you back whenever I can, I only have ten minutes left" she entered the back room.

" Aight be safe princess, I love you" he said as he hung up.

Soleil smiled and sat down before she started eating her sandwich.

    " 𝐒o what's dis job you need me fa'?" Hitta asked as he sat in front of Bossman

" Imma need you to off dis man right hea', he works at that li' internet company thirty minutes from hea'. I need him dead by tomorrow. One milli, take it or leave it" he offered.

" Mhm fine wit' me" he nodded. " Nice doin' business witcha'," he dapped him up before leaving his office.

He got out the abandoned building, and hit the unlock button on his car keys before getting in. He waited a minute until Bossman sent him all he needed to know for tomorrow's mission before pulling off.

Per usual, he drove in total silence and started thinking about life itself.

Hitta didn't like what he did, but it brung in a lot of money. If he wanted, he could literally stop and still be straight for life.

But Hitta needed that type of danger in his life, his missions were the only things that made his life more interesting.

He needed to feel something more than boredom and loneliness.

He needed to be addicted by something other than alcohol.

TO BE CONTINUED...

chile we slowly getting there

thoughts?

vote and comment

love y'all stay safe

-ri is outt 🦋