Bonus Chapter(Divya's Dad POV)

Start from the beginning

To be truthful, at that time, I didn't know who to support my mom, the one who gave me life or my wife, the only companion of my life?

On top of that I was being called futile and impotent in giving a child, as Yashoda was pregnant with Ananya.

The comparison was killing me, but I never blamed anyone but my luck for that situation. After an year of Ananya's birth, all our lives got better financially and mentally. Sailaja got pregnant with Divya, my little girl, She always had a smile on her face, which would give me peace after any problem.

My mom and dad went to live with my sister's who were pregnant, everything was going awesome, with three little girls filling up the house with their smiles. Soon the girls grew up, my parents came back home, and then there was always comparison between me and my brother.

I was jealous of my brother at his success in his part of business and how he had 2 little girls, and Yashoda was pregnant again with a baby boy this time. 

But, one dreadful night my brother, his wife, and the baby inside her died in a drunk and drive car accident.I was devastated at the news, I didn't know what to do. All I could see was my little brother's corpse burning in flames, two little girls crying for their parents and my dad devastated with the loss of his favorite son.

We did not having any one to blame for the loss and the pain.So, we blamed Yashoda for going back to her parents house to give the news personally. We ruthlessly kicked out two little girls who lost their parents.

After I realized what I did, I felt guilty for feeling jealous, kicking out two poor souls, for my father's death, for blaming Yashoda for all the things when she was nothing but nice.The torment was killing me on the inside, I wanted to shut every feeling down.

Being alive all I wanted to do was make my mom happy, who was devastated at loss of her husband and son. So, I did everything to see my mom smile and happy.

The cost of making her happy was me being cold and distant, the cost was my daughter's happiness, my own ray of sunshine hating me, the endless tears she cried in the name of me getting her married to a scumbag.

"Where are you lost? Why are you crying?" Sailaja came and sat beside me with a shocked look on her face.

These are the tears I've been holding for the past 25 years.

Men are always told to not cry, but why? We do have the same emotions woman do, It's not like we are programmed with different emotions.

She should be hating me. I will free her from the pain.

"Do you want a divorce from me Sailaja? I am ready to give you one, if you want it. You don't deserve the pain anymore. You are free to go, I will never stop yo...." She covered my mouth with her hand before I could complete the sentence.

"What are you saying Laxman?" She said with a shocked face.

"I was nothing but a pain in the ass, I ruined to your health, our daughters life but you are still here. You can live however you want, and I will never stop you."

"I am here because I love you. I am here because no matter what you are my family. I am mad at at you but I can't bring myself to hate you. And when it comes to Divya's life, I take half the blame, you are not the only one responsible for it." She said holding my hand trying to convince me.

"With Divya, we both failed Laxman. She called me before running away, she asked me to help her get a divorce but I was worried on how you will react. I tried to convince her but our daughter is strong, she didn't give in. She stood up for herself. I called Amaya and told her that you were coming to take Divya away. You should be mad at me, for doing things behind your back." She confessed but I felt proud that at least one of us was there for her.