ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11

'It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place'

- Henry Louis Mencken

The next few days were quite uneventful except for the fact that now Alicia used to meet Matthew daily at the Three Broomsticks or the Hogs Heads or even a dark alleyway just to get daily updates about his search

In the meantime she helped others in the cleaning of the house and searched upon the Parker family to no avail.

Time was ticking by, and she had made no such progress, until she decided to look upon that Christoper guy Sirius mentioned.

Alicia entered the dingy alleyways that seemed to be made up entirely of shops dedicated to dark arts.

Borgin and Burkes, the largest among all these shops, stood proudly in the fading sunlight of the mesmerising dusk. Opposite to it was a nasty display of heads, and two doors down, a large cage was alive with gigantic black spiders, Acromantulas.

Alicia had heard about these gigantic spiders, but never really got the chance to see one. She knew that their venom is very valuable and can earn her thousands.

A loud noise from behind snapped her out of her thoughts. She can't get swayed towards these things. Her only focus should be her assignment.

Turning back she made her way to Borgin and Burkes, moving past a pair of insanely looking wizards who were crackling loudly, the bell jingling as she opened the door and called out "Hello?"

An oily haired, stooping man came out of the inside room at the centre of the shop as he responded to her "Welcome Miss! What brings you here on this fine evening?"

"You see, Mr. Borgin, I was just having a nice little stroll in these alleyways. And it seems that your shop fascinated me the most." said Alicia in a charmingly sweet voice, her eyes roaming around and soaking in the sites of all the unusual objects. "You have quite a collection, Mr. Borgin. I would be pleased if you would enlighten me more about these masterpieces you possess."

"Of course, Miss." the shopkeeper gave her a polite bow of his head as he moved forward to one of the artifacts and started talking about it.

"I have never seen you around Miss." said Borgin between telling about one of his shop's displays. "You seem new here."

"What can I say, Mr.Borgin.." she sighed, "If I say that I am here merely because of my interest in collecting these wonderful artifacts, it would be quite a lie."