"We'll be okay, right?"

Diane ran a hand through her hair, "We just need a better plan. Stronger boundaries."

I nodded, "Right."

"We should start to be more careful, so starting next week we won't meet in the school parking lot, okay? We should find some location where we can be more discrete and I'll talk to Nicole this Saturday."

"I'll go with you."

"No." She said, firmly, "No, it's my duty to speak to her in this situation."

I rolled my eyes, "Well at least can I stay at your place on Saturday, so I see you after you see her and we can talk?"

"Fine. Now let's get out of here before anyone knocks on a window and asks what the hell is going on."

And so, she drove us away from School. I wanted to ask Diane if she knew about what might have happened with Ashley and why she didn't show up fro the test, but I knew she would get annoyed and jealous if I mentioned her name. She would remember I kissed someone else, she would remember our argument and all about that, although I still wanted to know what happened.

Diane was taking me to a coffee place she loved, a coffee place she wanted me to meet and to try some pastries. I was happy about having a little date with her, although the thoughts inside my head would rarely shut up, but right now I had a gorgeous woman in front of me that wanted to take me somewhere nice and smother me.

I watched her play with her ring as we sat down on a table for two, it was close to the window and far from the entrance of the place. She ordered for me, because she claimed to know what I would like.

"Are you okay, babe?" I asked her, looking at her hands while she still played with her ring.

She looked up, "Yeah, I'm fine. I miss you, that's all."

"You miss me or you miss the freedom I used to give you? Before, all of this."

I missed it too. That little freedom we had when we got away from town, and we could be together without the pressure of getting caught. Without the worry of raising any glances at school.

"Both. I feel we're so apart since I broke your arm."

"You didn't break my arm, your stupid boxes and my temper did." I said, letting out a small chuckle that would hopefully clear the air just a bit.

Diane stared at me, "I wish the hiding didn't seem to last forever."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be." She grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently, "Now tell me about your day."

"What do you wanna know?"

"Hmm... I wanna know everything."

So I proceeded to tell her everything. Avoiding all the questions I had about Ashley not being there for the test, and the glances that Allie would still give me from afar. We gossiped a bit about Allie though, and we came to an agreement that we liked her new haircut.

When our order came to the table I was blown away by the deliciousness of it. Now I understood why Diane loved this place and why she insisted on bringing me here.

"I might go to Boston for Thanksgiving. I talked to my sister last night and she'd like me to visit her soon." Diane told me, a small smile on her lips.

I smiled back, "I think that's great! I'll miss you though."

"I was actually hoping we could arrange some way for you to come with me. Maybe if my talk with Nicole goes alright we can consider counting her in on planning something."