Chapter 12 - Worse

I changed into a baggy grey sweater, pair of jeans, and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I took a long sigh before heading down. I thought I could lure Luther, but everything went wrong. He didn’t give a fuck if I slept with him. It didn’t help to change his stone heart. He would always remain heartless. 

I slept with him to save my life, but I never thought that he would turn my life worse. He had asked me to sleep with his men? I had to please his men. I don’t even know how many they are, five, eight, or twelve? I don’t understand what to do? I couldn’t escape from here this time! 

“Are you serious?!” I jumped back when I heard a man’s shout.

I stopped and turned around, walking down the hallway. 

“Do you really want her to take care of your men?” He growled again and this time I recognized his voice. 

Cassius. 

“Her business is not your concern!” I heard Luther. His voice was calm but dangerous. 

“Do you know how much your men despise her since that day? They want to kill her, Luther.” 

“Let them…” Luther clipped him, and the next moment the door flew open. I spun around and jogged to another room before hiding behind the door. My heart was beating wildly. 

I heard their footsteps, and a moment later they disappeared down the hallway. I closed my eyes and placed my hand on my chest, breathing heavily. I didn’t know what they were talking about, and why was Cassius taking my side?

I stepped out and walked down the hallway.

“Were you eavesdropping on us?” I jolted when I heard Cassius’s crisp voice from behind. 

I clenched my hands into fists to stop myself from trembling. I drew in a breath before turning back to him. His arms crossed over his chest as he was watching me intimidatingly. His expression was fixed. He snapped his fingers. “Are you listening to me?” 

I startled and looked into his eyes. “I…I..am…” I stuttered and could not find words. 

He stepped towards me without taking his eyes off. He might be a gentleman, but now he was intimidating me.

When he spoke nothing, I mumbled, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to hear your conversation...” 

“But you did.” He cut me off and stopped a few inches away from me. For a few moments, we didn’t speak but later he broke the silence. “Do you know your work?” 

I swallowed and shook my head. “I guess Luther has told you to tell me.” 

A smile curled his lips that made his hard facial features a little softer. “Yes, follow me,” he said, and made his way to the stairs.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked, and followed him. “Do I really have to sleep with his men?” 

And he paused abruptly. “What did you say?” He asked and turned to me, his eyes confused. 

I frowned. “Do I really have to sleep with Luther’s men?” I repeated the question.

“Who told you this?” 

 “Luther…” 

He chuckled. “I didn’t know that he also cracks jokes.”

“Jokes?” My brows raised together, confused. “It’s not a joke.” 

He smiled. “Trust me, he’ll never allow anyone to touch you.” 

“He told me to please his men. What does it mean?”