Chapter 6 - Daisy

The mansion had everything: a swimming pool, home theater, greenhouse, library, kitchen and well-stock pantry, cellar, many bedrooms, high windows, and valuable paintings that must have been in museums, I guess. I had never been to such an expensive place before. I knew there were a lot of things, but I had skipped them because I would not spend my entire life in this golden cage. I couldn't care less if my husband was a billionaire, criminal, or Greek god! All I care about is getting out of this place.

I don't know how long he would keep me like this.

It had been a week since the wedding night and I was unable to find a way to get out of there. If I would jump through my room window, I would certainly end up with 200 broken bones because it was too high to jump. And sneaking out of this place was not possible with Luther's men, who always patrolled the perimeter of the mansion.

I didn't know how many people live in this place or if people did really exist there. Because all I could see was Luther's human robots who were human but acted like a machine. They didn't laugh, smile, or talk. Only the thing they usually did was obey Luther's orders. If Luther wanted them to eat, they would eat. If Luther wanted them to sit, they would sit. I wondered If they urinated only after his order.

I shook away their thoughts and walked down the hallway. My eyes caught my reflection in the mirror on the wall. I wore a green dress that had a pearly neckline and reached just above my thighs. Never had I ever worn such an expensive dress in my entire lifetime. Mary chose this dress because she said it matched my eye color.

I went down the stairs, but when I heard Luther's voice, my legs stopped abruptly. I listened to him; he was shouting at someone. I turned around and followed his voice as his shouts were growing louder with every step. Sauntering towards the door where the voice had been coming, I quietly opened the door and peeped through it.

"I don't give a fuck, Wym! Just do whatever you can to prevent the spread of this news. I don't want people to know about that woman!" Luther growled, glaring at that bald man who stood right in front of him. I couldn't see the face of that man because his back was facing me. But judging by his appearance, I could tell that he was important. He was short and sturdy, wearing a blue suit, unlike Luther's black suit men.

Frowning, I took a couple of steps so that I could hear them properly.

"But what about Juliana? She has been asking me about you for a few days, Luther. What am I supposed to tell her?" the bald man said, his voice respectful.

"Tell her whatever you want," Luther said.

"You love her, don't you?" The man asked him, and I stopped my breathing as I waited for Luther's answer.

Who is Juliana?

I glanced at Luther's face, and my eyes widened when I caught his soft expression. I had never seen his face without snarling and sneering. But here his expression looked like an angel. If he had not gotten a million dollars faces, he must have looked like some sort of wild animal. Wasn't it what wild animals do every time, snarling?

"I have been missing her," Luther said. "I want to see her face. How's she doing?"

That man sighed before letting out, "She just wants to meet you, Luther."

"I can't meet her, Wym. There are a lot of shits I have to take care of!"

"Why did you marry that woman?"

That woman? Were they talking about me?

I looked at Luther. His expression darkened, and a sneer curled his lips. "I want her brother to suffer. Did you find anything about them?"