Chapter 8 - What do you want?

We got out of the mansion and dashed into the car and the next moment the engine roared and we drove away. It was night, cold and dark. I was trembling violently, not because of the cold, but because of fear. It devastated me! It seemed like my mind was frozen. 

My heart was hurting. 

It was hurting for him! 

Why? 

He deserved it, didn’t he? But who had given me such courage to stab right into his guts? I hurt him? I put a hand on my mouth to keep my voice down. I didn’t want to cry; I had hurt no one before, but I hurt him. 

Oh, my god! Did I slash his skin? Yes, I did. How? Because I was angry! I was angry because he killed Daisy! I was angry because he forced me to marry him! I was angry because he wanted to destroy Laura! He deserved everything. 

But still, I couldn’t erase his hurt face from my mind. Luther looked hurt. I had promised him I would sleep with him, but what did I do to him? Stab him and leave him for dead. His men were unconscious. He was unconscious. Then who will save his life? What if he dies? My chest tightened. I never want him dead. I wanted to punish him, but I didn’t wish for his death. 

I looked down at my bloody hands; it was his blood. I instantly wiped my hands through the black coat I was wearing. I didn’t want to see blood because it only reminded me of his unconscious face. He was lying on the floor senseless, blood was oozing through his body. 

A few minutes ago, I was enjoying him, wasn’t I? I could still feel his heat, his touch, his tongue, and his hand. He was whispering beautiful things in my ears, touching me, and making me feel how beautiful I am. Not a single boy had ever appreciated my beauty. In high school, kids used to make fun of me, they used to call me ugly and fat. I had brown hair, green eyes, and pale skin, but I was not a pretty girl. I didn’t have high cheekbones, long eyelashes, and arched eyebrows. But Luther, I sighed. He was so beautiful. What did he want from me, my virginity? 

I would have gladly given him my virginity if he was not a monster. How cruelly he killed Mr. and Mrs. Carpenter. What was their mistake, why did he kill them, and why did he want to destroy Laura?  

Laura? And an alarm rang in my mind. First, I had to visit Laura. I wanted to see children. They must be safe. 

I turned my head to Jack, who was driving the car. He was Mary’s nephew, and he was the person who had helped me to get out of Luther’s mansion as Luther had put a lot of securities code in his place. Jack remembered every password. 

“Could you please drive me to Midtown?” I asked him. 

Jack frowned, but a moment later he gave me a curt nod. “Sure. But take little time.”

I nodded and closed my eyes and leaned against the seat. Everything was going to be alright, but how? Where would I be going? Marina, my aunt, would she accept me again? I didn’t want to go back there again, but I had no other choice either. I had to go back to that place. For a few days, she would torture me, but eventually, everything would be okay.  

After half an hour, Jack pulled the car in front of Laura. I instantly unfastened my seat belt and got off. I walked through the iron gate but stopped when someone called me. 

“Ma’am….” I turned around and found Ronan running towards me. He was one of the security guards in this place. 

“Hey, Ronan.” I forced a smile and walked up to him. 

He stopped, gasping for air. 

I frowned. “Is everything okay?” I asked and glanced at the building. “Children are inside, right?”