"I'm okay." I said, "I'm okay."

He shook his head, tears filling his eyes as he held my hand and brought it up to his lips, pressing them against my dry, calloused skin. He let them linger before pulling away and placing both of his warm hands around mine, trying to warm my freezing body up.

Mere minutes later, the silence was broken when the door behind me opened again. He looked ahead, staring expectantly at whoever was there.

"We've got your tests back, Ms. Seymour." The doctor's voice filled my ears. I sat up and turned to face her, "Would you like Mr. Cash to stay or leave for the results?"

I looked at him, waiting for him to answer but he was doing the same thing to me, "It's your choice, Nia." The words made me crinkle my eyebrows in confusion. I shook my head and told him to choose, he sighed and nodded, telling me he'll stay.

I didn't want to have to choose, possibly make the wrong decision that he secretly didn't want me to make and get punished for it.

We turned back to the nurse and she nodded, "When we went over your CT scan, we found that there was dead tissue in your uterus that belonged to a fetus, a dead fetus. You had a miscarriage Ms. Seymour but the tissue hadn't fully expelled when it took place..." I channelled out her voice the second she said fetus. It wasn't anything I didn't already know.

I was a month along when they took me, two and a half when morning sickness started and they-

"Nia." I heard a whispered voice beside me and turned to Pookie. He had a pained expression on his face but was also filled with confusion, "Can I hug you?" He asked, I blinked and nodded. He stood up and wrapped his shaking arms around me.

And then I woke up with a bloodstain beneath me on my bed that they didn't bother to clean. Master's voice was right in my ear, telling me our problem wasn't here anymore and we could be happy together now.

After that, I had no more morning sickness, I didn't feel like I had someone with me who would give me a reason to fight through it. I felt completely and utterly alone. So I gave up and gave in to him.

Tears dampened the skin on my neck. My eyes slightly widened in shock at his pain and I wrapped my arms around him, trying to comfort him as best as I could. He pulled away a few minutes later and told me what the doctor said. The dead tissue created an infection that they'd be able to treat easily so it was nothing to worry about.

They said I also needed to watch out for withdrawal symptoms. They would get harder to shrug off as the hours and next few days passed by but they'd make sure I was as comfortable as possible while going through it, whatever that means.

A while later, I was sitting on the bed with my knees up against my chest and my head resting atop of them. Pookie went to get me food from the cafeteria. He said if they didn't have anything good, he'd tell Rocko to get us something.

Rocko.

I haven't heard that name in so long.

So I was left in silence. Complete silence other than the few muffled voices or footsteps that would appear outside the room's door every once in a while. I used to hate the silence, I hated it more than anything after Alex's accident. Because he was silent, he didn't make a sound after that car hit him. Apart from the sirens and my screams, I couldn't hear anything else and it terrified me. I never wanted to be left in silence again.

But when I was with master and his friends, they'd do what they wanted whether that be using me or punishing me then leave me half unconscious in that silence that haunted me for so long. Soon enough, when they'd do it again and again, that silence was what I could look forward to. It turned into my safe space, the few moments where I could just lay down, not think or talk or be thrown around. Just lay.