Chapter 23 | Y'all Wouldn't Be Able To Handle Me

Zacznij od początku

"Hey Jordan, I'm going to add Trevor to the call." I say, accepting Trevor's call.

"Happy birthday Em--Jordan? What are you doing on the screen?" Trevor says, sounding confused.

"Because I was here first." Jordan says, looking smug.

"Well I called Jake before you did so I won." Trevor says, smirking.

"Whatever, I called Emma first." Jordan mumbles.

"Guys..." I say, trying to break up their squabbling.

"Kinsley Marie Richardson! Get down right now! And stop stealing your brother's lego pieces, you have your own toys!" I could hear Katelyn yell in the background.

"Gosh Trevor, reel in your children." Jordan says.

"Jordan Cole! Why did you leave the toilet paper roll empty again!" I hear Arianna yell in the background.

"Gosh Jordan, get your life under control." Trevor says, causing Jordan to flip him off and Jake to bust out laughing.

"Aren't you supposed to be, I don't know, at work?" Jordan asks.

"Jokes on you brother, mom and dad are my bosses. And besides, don't you have a burning building to go and put out?" Trevor retorts.

"Guys..." I say again, trying to get their attention.

"Can the both of you shut up? Today isn't about you!" Jake says, getting into the frame again.

"It should be, we were the ones who had to suffer when y'all were born. The amount of diapers y'all produced was scary." Jordan says, scoffing.

"Why are y'all so freaking loud!" I hear Caleb's voice yell, as he walks in, cutting off whatever was gonna be said next. "Never mind, it looks like half our family is on call." He says, looking at my phone.

I open my arms towards Caleb, passing my phone to Jake. Caleb gives me a look but smiles and walks towards me.

"Happy birthday Em." He says as we hug.

"Thanks brother." I say, smiling as he pulls away.

Jake looks at him expectedly and Caleb does walk towards him but sidesteps him at the last second.

"You know sometimes I do hate you." Jake jokes.

"Happy birthday." Caleb says, smiling at him.

"Okay beautiful children, I'm off to wor--" My mom says, coming in and stopping when she sees almost all of her children in one room.

"First, happy birthday son." She says, giving Jake a hug.

"Second, Trevor, why are you still at home? Aren't you supposed to be in the office?" She asks, causing Jordan to burst out laughing.

My dad walks in as he's putting on his suit jacket and stops in his tracks.

"Happy birthday twins." He says, smiling at me and Jake before yawning. "Also, honey we really need to get going." He finishes, looking at his watch.

"Okay everyone!" My mom says, clapping her hands. "Kids get to school, Trevor, get to work."

I say goodbye and thank both of my brothers before hanging up. I grab my school bag and Kara and head for the door.

"Imagine stealing my girlfriend on my birthday." Jake says, glaring at me.

"She was my best friend before she was your girlfriend, deal with it." I say, following my parents out.

She just laughs and blows Jake a kiss before following me out to the car. I start the car as soon as Kara gets in and 5SOS is blaring on the speakers.

I look at Kara and we smile at each other before blaring out the chorus to Safety Pin.